BRYSTON BDP-1/2 DIGITAL PLAYER FEEDBACK/REVIEWS

saveloy

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 DIGITAL PLAYER FEEDBACK
« Reply #820 on: 17 May 2011, 01:36 pm »
Vipers,

If you are where I think you are, then I'll have to pop in and see you.
I've been meaning to go and take a look round, the store is actually my closest Bryston dealership

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #821 on: 17 May 2011, 09:38 pm »
Vipers,

If you are where I think you are, then I'll have to pop in and see you.
I've been meaning to go and take a look round, the store is actually my closest Bryston dealership

Kyri

Hi Kyri,

Excellent, feel free to pop in anytime, I'm starting at the beginning of June, we'll have to do a Bryston, Naim, Linn, Sooloos shootout  :)

The manager is a massive Naim man and reckons I'm only into Bryston as I haven't discovered Naim yet :roll: so I'd love to get loads of fellow Bryston guys in to show him that Bryston rules the roost, not Naim :thumb:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #822 on: 17 May 2011, 10:03 pm »
hey, Vipers...

this shootout must be fun! enjoy :green: and tell us who was the winner :thumb:

al.

saveloy

« Reply #823 on: 18 May 2011, 01:01 am »
Vipers,

I have 3 weeks holiday in June. So I will pop down then. 
I'll try not to get too excited when walking through the white goods department!

I do like Naim products. At the end of the day they are lovely sounding products. But I've never been sold on it, or the way they do things.
When I last visited a Bryston dealer in town, the Naim DAC was sitting beside the BDA-1. The nice chap said as good as the Naim is, the Bryston was the best reason not to buy something from dcs(sitting onanother shelf) - at 5 times the price!

Kyri

terrycym

« Reply #824 on: 18 May 2011, 08:09 am »
hey, Vipers...

this shootout must be fun! enjoy :green: and tell us who was the winner :thumb:

al.

and if you could do this shoot-out over a weekend and invite some buddies over - might even makes some sales ;-)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #825 on: 18 May 2011, 10:51 am »
Sent: May-17-11 9:46 PM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: Streamed radio stations

Hi James.

The BDP-1 player is the best bit of kit I have owned in over 20 years, No more CD players for me. :nono:

If possible could I have a copy of the PDF that describes how to use GNOME as a way to get streamed radio stations from all over the world to play on the BDP-1.

Regards
Albert

Vipers

« Reply #826 on: 18 May 2011, 07:27 pm »
Vipers,
I have 3 weeks holiday in June. So I will pop down then. 
I'll try not to get too excited when walking through the white goods department!
Kyri

Excellent, see you then Kyri  :thumb:
Luckily the white goods are tucked away round the back of the shop so hopefully the only temptation for you will be the Bryston kit  :wink:

Vipers

« Reply #827 on: 18 May 2011, 07:39 pm »
and if you could do this shoot-out over a weekend and invite some buddies over - might even makes some sales ;-)

Sounds like a plan, I'll have a word with the manager and see what I can organise, be good to do a whole day playing, I mean listening and comparing different manufacturers solutions to the whole streaming / HDD playback conundrum.

I'm sure it won't be a problem, I'll post a date in a couple of weeks  :thumb:

Alpha10

« Reply #828 on: 18 May 2011, 07:52 pm »
Sounds like a plan, I'll have a word with the manager and see what I can organise, be good to do a whole day playing, I mean listening and comparing different manufacturers solutions to the whole streaming / HDD playback conundrum.

I'm sure it won't be a problem, I'll post a date in a couple of weeks  :thumb:

Can I get an invite when you do, please  :beer:

It would be good to know when they may get a demo SP3, so we could throw that in the mix

saveloy

« Reply #829 on: 18 May 2011, 09:35 pm »
Vipers,

I've been scouring through the Bryston Owners thread this evening, over on AV forums.  I've been meaning to, since you mentioned it quite a while ago.
I got to Page 50 and there you were, quoting from this forum. 
My BDP-1 initial review, no less! 

Clearly it caught me unawares.  I am presently trying to ascertain whether beer has a damaging effect on a plasma screen.  And cotton, leather and my friend's face.

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #830 on: 18 May 2011, 09:59 pm »
Can I get an invite when you do, please  :beer:

It would be good to know when they may get a demo SP3, so we could throw that in the mix

Certainly Mr Alpha, all will be welcome :)

You can guarantee that I'll be pushing to get the SP3 in as soon as they are available, along with the HDD enclosure and headphone amp :)

Vipers

« Reply #831 on: 18 May 2011, 10:08 pm »
Vipers,

I've been scouring through the Bryston Owners thread this evening, over on AV forums.  I've been meaning to, since you mentioned it quite a while ago.
I got to Page 50 and there you were, quoting from this forum. 
My BDP-1 initial review, no less! 

Clearly it caught me unawares.  I am presently trying to ascertain whether beer has a damaging effect on a plasma screen.  And cotton, leather and my friend's face.

Kyri

That has to be one of my favourite audio reviews of all time, still makes me smile :D

As long as you didn't spill beer on your BDP-1, I'd be a bit worried that you may start licking it off, and enjoying it a little too much, after the amount of love you showed towards it in your review :lol:

saveloy

« Reply #832 on: 18 May 2011, 10:37 pm »
Vipers,

I'm very glad you liked it.  On a more somber note, my internship at The English Literary Guild has been refused. 
So my excitable, yet un-amplified views are presently limited to interweb forums and twitter!

I have been known to throw admiring glances at it & even wink at it before bed time.  However, I have never to my knowledge touched it inappropriately!

Kyri. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #833 on: 20 May 2011, 06:14 pm »
Sent: May 20, 2011 2:02 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: BDP-1

Hi James

I recently purchased the BDP-1, serial # 265 from Commercial Electronics – you can thank Dennis Parsonson for the sale; he kept insisting I give the BDP-1 a shot.

So far, I’m very impressed – I’ve connected it to the BDA-1 via AES/EBU and I am hearing new things even from ripped CD’s (using EAC).

Thanks and regards
Andrew

jjc1

« Reply #834 on: 24 May 2011, 05:25 pm »
Sent: May 20, 2011 2:02 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: BDP-1

Hi James

I recently purchased the BDP-1, serial # 265 from Commercial Electronics – you can thank Dennis Parsonson for the sale; he kept insisting I give the BDP-1 a shot.

So far, I’m very impressed – I’ve connected it to the BDA-1 via AES/EBU and I am hearing new things even from ripped CD’s (using EAC).

Thanks and regards
Andrew
  What is EAC?

srb

« Reply #835 on: 24 May 2011, 05:27 pm »

jjc1

« Reply #836 on: 24 May 2011, 06:22 pm »

Exact Audio Copy

Steve
Thanks Steve. Hadn't heard of it before.

terrycym

« Reply #837 on: 24 May 2011, 06:27 pm »
I used to use that but now, I use dBpower AMP

jjc1

« Reply #838 on: 24 May 2011, 06:41 pm »
I used to use that but now, I use dBpower AMP
Can you convert FLAC to WAV using dBpower amp?

terrycym

« Reply #839 on: 24 May 2011, 07:06 pm »
Can you convert FLAC to WAV using dBpower amp?
Yup, it converts anything to anything