Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.

teros1

• Take control, use DSP
    • Bay Area Audiophile Society
Speakers on the move...
« Reply #200 on: 13 Dec 2010, 03:49 pm »
FYI:  I'm sending them to Washington state today.

Bob

Danny Richie

Re: Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.
« Reply #201 on: 17 Dec 2010, 09:56 pm »
Anyone else in the West or North West want to give these a shot?

dvenardos

« Reply #202 on: 17 Dec 2010, 10:37 pm »
I would after the holiday.

Danny Richie

« Reply #203 on: 17 Dec 2010, 10:43 pm »
I would after the holiday.

Then get me all of your shipping and contact info.

dvenardos

« Reply #204 on: 4 Jan 2011, 08:54 pm »
Arrived at my house yesterday, haven't had a chance to open them up yet.

If you are in Southern California I am shooting for a listening session at the end of January and will see what else I can add to the mix by then. I am in Thousand Oaks (91360).

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #205 on: 4 Jan 2011, 09:28 pm »
Looking forward to your listening session outcome!

wushuliu

« Reply #206 on: 4 Jan 2011, 09:51 pm »

If you are in Southern California I am shooting for a listening session at the end of January and will see what else I can add to the mix by then. I am in Thousand Oaks (91360).

I'd be up for that (if my car is willing). I'm in Burbank. I can bring my Modulas or the Alpair 12s and/or audio-gd DAC...

dvenardos

« Reply #207 on: 4 Jan 2011, 10:18 pm »
Sounds good.
Don't you have some class d stuff too? I have the Virtue Two.2 with sonicaps and classic Two with auricaps as well as a connex TA3020 V2 that I haven't put together yet.
DAC wise I use the channel islands VDA-2.
Also working on a pair of OB subwoofers that are used in Danny's V2 kit.

I'd be up for that (if my car is willing). I'm in Burbank. I can bring my Modulas or the Alpair 12s and/or audio-gd DAC...

Thanks Art, should be fun!

HT cOz

« Reply #208 on: 5 Jan 2011, 04:09 am »
connex TA3020 V2 that I haven't put together yet.

I'm very curious when you get this put together what your thoughts are.  I'm itching to run two of Christis TA3020 amps mono in a dual mono amp...

dvenardos

« Reply #209 on: 5 Jan 2011, 04:20 am »
Might want to check out the hifimediy T3 mono boards too.
http://hifimediy.com/?page_id=18&category=1

I'm very curious when you get this put together what your thoughts are.  I'm itching to run two of Christis TA3020 amps mono in a dual mono amp...

vlad335

« Reply #210 on: 8 Jan 2011, 02:32 am »
Question for Danny or anyone else in the know. I have the parts for the crossovers now but i am away from the actual speakers. Want to make sure of the wiring of the crossovers particularly the tweeter and I can't take a look at the actual models.

Where does the resistor figure in the circuit? It's a 12db woofer circuit so I am guessing the tweeter is wired out of phase as well. Could anyone draw a schematic? Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #211 on: 8 Jan 2011, 04:37 am »
Question for Danny or anyone else in the know. I have the parts for the crossovers now but i am away from the actual speakers. Want to make sure of the wiring of the crossovers particularly the tweeter and I can't take a look at the actual models.

Where does the resistor figure in the circuit? It's a 12db woofer circuit so I am guessing the tweeter is wired out of phase as well. Could anyone draw a schematic? Thanks!

Shoot me over an e-mail and I'll forward a wiring diagram to you. Send it to: info@gr-research.com

vlad335

« Reply #212 on: 8 Jan 2011, 05:20 am »
Done! Thank you very much!

freerider

« Reply #213 on: 10 Jan 2011, 11:11 pm »
Is anybody compiling the results of these speakers being demo'd by various folks?  So far, I only see Bob's writeup, but it sounds like the speakers have been in several people's hands already.

The mud slinging on AVS is crazy, but this topic has definitely piqued my interest.  I'd like to hear more about the listening results.

dvenardos

« Reply #214 on: 10 Jan 2011, 11:26 pm »
Nope, I am the second person to get them and I haven't done any comparisons yet.

Danny Richie

« Reply #215 on: 11 Jan 2011, 12:03 am »
Nope, I am the second person to get them and I haven't done any comparisons yet.

Nope, you are the third.

The second person was maybe not what one would call a nay sayer but maybe strongly in the objective camp. I got very little feedback from him, but in the end he did state "Yes, there's an audible difference between the two crossovers."

Funny how none of the mud slingers on AVS have stepped up and asked to audition the speakers.

freerider

« Reply #216 on: 11 Jan 2011, 12:31 am »
Funny how none of the mud slingers on AVS have stepped up and asked to audition the speakers.

I think most of the serious slinger's had multiple reason why they felt the audition wouldn't shed any light, due to all the changes, switch quality, etc.  Too bad, since I think aside from a straight cap to cap comparison, the test would be quite revealing.

I read most of the threads, and am amazed that nobody is able to see the middle ground, where certain aspects of the argument from both sides of the fence are correct. 

It would be nice to filter out all the egos and posturing, into a handful of general 'truths', or rules of thumb.

Danny Richie

« Reply #217 on: 11 Jan 2011, 03:09 am »
Even if the switch quality was poor and/or had any real effect, both networks are using them. So neither will be hindered any more than the other. What amazes me is the stock crossover is basically cheap crap and they are worried about the quality of a switch.  :roll:

dvenardos

« Reply #218 on: 11 Jan 2011, 04:26 am »
Nope, you are the third.

My bad.  :duh:

Yeah, I really don't get why you wouldn't want to see if you can hear a difference.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #219 on: 11 Jan 2011, 04:48 am »

Post the date when you know - I'd be interested depending on the date