Preparing for the BDP-1

yyz

Re: Preparing for the BDP-1
« Reply #20 on: 25 Oct 2010, 05:38 pm »
I have done about 300+ CD's using EAC to FLAC using Windows Vista in 2007. This sound is very good. The chain is as follows: modded SquaeezeBox Calssic, Benchmark DAC1 -> into a solid state BAT VK-42 SE pre-amp -> to the Bryston PP300 power packs or Brystin 7B-SST. My biggest grip with what I have done is that the CD meta info was not setup well by me (or EAC software). My FLAC collection is a little nameless and I cannot take full advantage of the power of a computer to search and coallate.

I want to redo the burns using DBPoweramp and get the meta data working better. EAC does the burning well but it is also a pain to setup. I am hoping DBPoweramp is easier in it's operation and more thorough with tagging.

I also feel the sound quality of my burned FLAC chain is not at the same level as my modified Sony SCD-1 SACD/CD player. My modded Sony is pretty incredible sounding and I easily prefer it to the FLAC chain. I do  not expect the DBPoweramp to make better sounding FLAC's (they should sound the same if error correcting is compareable) but instead have better music tagging.

Maybe the Bryston solution is closer to the Sony sound quality than than the SqueezeBox and Benchmark I have.