Visit VSA at RMAF

douglesc

Re: Visit VSA at RMAF
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2010, 11:00 pm »
If I may stir the pot so to speak. I could not attend this year, in fact I have not gone since 05, I wish I could. January I had a double hip replacement in India even. I have to go back there for a tweak to the left side.      If anyone would like to comment on how other rooms sound in comparison Like the VMPS, was Hansen there this year, How about Evolution Acoustics, then there is Danny Richie's room with Tyler Acoustic or the other way around. Some of these speakers are so different it may be hard to access. I hope I am not over stepping my boundaries here but it would interesting to know what some of those who attended thought without trying to destroy the people that made other speakers. As a speaker designer myself which no one has heard I understand the issue of putting yourself out there although at this point in my life I don't care about my ego. What do you think???? I too am a VSA fan and own them just for clarification.

fplanner2000

« Reply #21 on: 19 Oct 2010, 11:33 pm »
There are plenty of threads on Audiogon and other circles which discuss the various speakers at RMAF.  I don't think this is the proper forum for your question.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:39 am »
There are plenty of threads on Audiogon and other circles which discuss the various speakers at RMAF.  I don't think this is the proper forum for your question.

...really?  :scratch:

ltr317

« Reply #23 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:42 am »

I'm with es347, really?   :scratch:  I haven't seen any coverage yet on Audiogon, where on the site? 

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:56 am »
With all due respect that was not my point.  I don't understand why this forum is the wrong place for the douglesc's question.

ltr317

« Reply #25 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 am »
With all due respect that was not my point.  I don't understand why this forum is the wrong place for the douglesc's question.

This is the VSA circle.  For a comparison of different speakers, it is more appropriate in the general RM show thread. 

Delacroix

« Reply #26 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:09 am »
There's lots of coverage here on AC, no need to trawl through A'gon particularly, though that might be another source. Take a look at the RMAF forum at: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=173.0 and see if that answers your question -- if not, ask there and you may have more success from someone who was there.

Peace

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:46 pm »
This is the VSA circle.  For a comparison of different speakers, it is more appropriate in the general RM show thread.

If one of my fellow VSA owners/circlers would like for attendees to express their opinion comparing a VSA speaker to others at the show, I don't see the harm  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE

mhconley

« Reply #28 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:08 pm »
I did not run across VMPS or Evolution Acoustics speakers at the show but I did not get to every room.  I did, however, stop in to hear the Tyler Acoustics D2's.  I made a special effort to hear them because I have always been intrigued by what I read about his speakers and missed them last year.  I was seriously considering buying a pair of Linbrook Signatures several years ago.

Surprisingly, I was not impressed with the D2's.  I am not sure if it was the Plinius electronics, the speakers, room acoustics or some combination of the three.  The top end was bright, the midrange lacking, and the bass extremely boomy.  I wanted to like them but didn't.  (They were pretty though.)

Just my opinion...

Martin

fplanner2000

« Reply #29 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:13 pm »
Please re-read the OP's question.  He wanted to compare non-VSA speakers to each other ON THIS THREAD.  I don't think this is the forum for that.  Pretty simple, but certainly not worth getting all worked up over.  :)

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 20 Oct 2010, 03:20 pm »
so who's getting worked up...note the smileys

douglesc

« Reply #31 on: 20 Oct 2010, 05:30 pm »
Please re-read the OP's question.  He wanted to compare non-VSA speakers to each other ON THIS THREAD.  I don't think this is the forum for that.  Pretty simple, but certainly not worth getting all worked up over.  :)

Fplanner2000 you are the one that needs to read and get it straight. Your uncalled for confrontational and mean spirited post is ugly. Let me rewrite what I wrote  "If anyone would like to comment on how other rooms sound in comparison"  .............I am on the VSA site saying I am a owner and a fan of VSA, I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE CLEAR I COULD BE!!!!!!
You have shown what kind of person you are and I think you owe me an apology, but I doubt you will because that is the kind of person you are. SUPPRESSIVE , SUPPRESSIVE SUPPRESSIVE AND IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fplanner2000

« Reply #32 on: 20 Oct 2010, 05:43 pm »
Wow -guess I hit a nerve.  Get a life.

leslee97230

« Reply #33 on: 20 Oct 2010, 06:32 pm »
I am usually not one to make posts....I like to just study, read, be informed & stay "hidden".  :) However, I find it inappropriate for someone NOT TO READ CORRECTLY, be surly, arrogant & place them self in a position of "Post Manager aka King for the Moment" needlessly.   :scratch:  The person that asked about the RMAF & wanting to compare THE VSA WITH OTHER SPEAKER EXHIBITS NOT "compare non-VSA speaks TO EACH OTHER AS fplanner2000 seems to NOT BE ABLE TO READ CORRECTLY IN BOTH POSTS...THE  1ST & THEN A RESPONSE.  So, fplanner, in my humble opinion I suggest you get some CORRECT reading glasses   8)...ones specifically for you & then re-read the posts again.  YOU DO OWE AN APOLOGY!  Additionally, in my humble opinion, PLEASE TAKE A VOTE BEFORE YOU PLACE YOURSELF IN A POSITION YOU ARE NOT DESERVING OF!!!!  Respectfully, Leslee97230    :thumb:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #34 on: 20 Oct 2010, 06:40 pm »
Hey Guys, calm down please.

« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2010, 09:10 am by ceedee »

douglesc

« Reply #35 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:08 pm »
Hey Guyes, calm down please

Try to put yourself in my place ie. VSA comes out with a 2 new models and they take them to the show, I can't go to the RMAF and I think it would be nice to see what VSA people thought about them to the competition in a nice way of course. HOW WOULD YOU HAVE TAKEN FPLANNER'S RESPONSE???
fplanner can't read and at this point I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE'S COMMENTS AT THIS POINT..... FPLANNER has totally been ruined for me and probably no one dare post NOW................ and for what?????
But hey we must obey fplanner's orders. This mountain out of a mole hill was not created by me.
You will not hear from me again unless self appointed General fplanner misrepresents me again.

fplanner2000

« Reply #36 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:12 pm »
Sorry if you were offended.  The "comparison" as I read it was between different speakers, not between different speakers and VSA, as there were several VSA rooms with different speakers.  I'm really surprised at the venom and attitudes that my simple post has brought out in a few of you - sorry if you guys were offended.  We are all on the same side here.  :oops:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #37 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:17 pm »
Not a biggy Harve but what I really find offensive is that Hawaiian shirt... :lol:

ltr317

« Reply #38 on: 20 Oct 2010, 08:28 pm »
Not a biggy Harve but what I really find offensive is that Hawaiian shirt... :lol:

Hey, you have something against Hawaiians or people who dressed like them?   :lol:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #39 on: 20 Oct 2010, 11:07 pm »
The only thing I have against Hawaiians is that they live there and I don't  :x