Brussels Hifishow 2010

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Brussels Hifishow 2010
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2010, 07:51 pm »
Just volunteer to do the dishes for a week...and maybe the laundry.  That should do it  :thumb:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #21 on: 2 Nov 2010, 09:12 pm »
Well Gavin, the dishes I do already. I just put them into the machine and after one hour I hear a funny beepsound, one day I will change the beep for a nice mp3 tune.

About the laundery, that is serious thinking,.... not for me.
All cloth look different since I made the wrong mix and temperature lately.
 :oops:

Better do the gardening, feeding the chickens and the rabits we have outside. They looked a bit skinny when I came home.

Cor

p.s. dit you see this link yet?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/rmaf.htm

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #22 on: 2 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm »
I'm betting that dishwasher eschews the use of SS electronics in favor of vacuum tube controls  :lol: Yes I saw the link and read the whole thing.  Looks like you and Albert have a bonafide winner in the VR33/35....and the Kronzilla amplifier.  Good job.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #23 on: 3 Nov 2010, 12:06 am »
Yes Gavin, thanks.

We 'moved' a lot of visitors, Kent has written a report of reality.
The ones who were in our room can simply agree.

The only issue which is not quite right in Kent's story is the phrase about the hybride type of the Kronzilla SXI mk II. The big tubes are called T 1610, a paralel twin 300BXL type in a huge glass. The T 1610 tubes are driven by a mosfet stage and controled by microprocessing to keep the harmonics all togheter. The signal coming in is the signal coming out.

Now the amp can act like reality by amplifing voltage and current at the same time like nature can.

The amp is very subtle in micro detail and micro-macro dynamics like we are used to in reality. Albert's speakers can transduce this electrical energy into acoustical energy we easily recognize as music.

Our system was called Virtual Reality Music System by Simplicity by many.

And simple it was. Just a plug from the wall to the Mighty Kronzilla, as John Atkinson called it, CD in the EERA redbook player and there is music to enjoy from the VR 35.

Regards,

Cor

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 3 Nov 2010, 04:43 am »
Cor,

Have you driven the VR5 annies with the Kronzilla amp?  Or perhaps even the VR9s?

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #25 on: 7 Nov 2010, 10:54 am »
Hey Gavin,

Sorry for the delayed answer, I have been quit busy last days.

Sure we have the annies connected with the big Kronzilla T 1610 tubes.
probably the best combination you will ever meet.

We combined the 9's (not) yet, but they will sound spectacular too.

See the picture by scrolling down on this link.

http://www.musicalreality.nl/site/raam.php?id=2

The result?

Just connect the amps to your annies. Ask Albert, he can offer a very special solution.

Enjoy.

Cor

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #26 on: 7 Nov 2010, 08:04 pm »
Thanks Cor.  I've noticed that at many of the shows that you attend, you place the floor standing speakers on temporary platforms normally covered by a cloth of sorts.  I assume this is to get the tweeters up to a level for standing listeners....correct?

Gavin

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #27 on: 7 Nov 2010, 09:51 pm »
Hey Gavin,

You have noticed this very good.
The reason why we use the plaforms is to raise the tweeter level since a lot of visitors don't sit on a chair and...the second and more important reason is to isolate the speakers from the floor to get a tight bass.
Most floors in exposition situations are not as stabile as in private situations.
The type of floor for example in a lot of hotels is thin with a lot of internal air due to the space to lead the tubes of wire and heating. This type of floor makes the bass boomy and untight. By using the platforms we decouple the bassmodule to have better sound and so,... more music.

The VR 35 in Denver we placed on the floor with spikes since I noticed the floor of the Marriott was firm enough. Also the tower was heigh enough to get a nice soundstage while standing.

So, every situation needs a specific investigation to get a good sound.
That is our expertise to figure out what to do. A good mix of room acoustics and a nice looking system making a realistic sound of music.

Don't tell anybody ey. :nono:

Cor

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #28 on: 8 Nov 2010, 12:57 am »
Your secret is safe with me Cor...only my Facebook friends will know  :lol:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #29 on: 8 Nov 2010, 07:31 am »
That is what it does,... friends for friends, with a  :) on your face.