GedLee Abbey's Feedback Wanted!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: GedLee Abbey's Feedback Wanted!
« Reply #700 on: 6 Jan 2011, 02:32 am »
Lets us know how they sound.  :lol:

They should according to the design, sound invisible. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #701 on: 6 Jan 2011, 01:03 pm »
Didn't happen unless there are pics

Stay tuned....< 12hrs.   :green:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #702 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:04 am »
Abbey Stands...

Thanks to "Randall Kepley"!   :thumb:

dwr

« Reply #703 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:17 am »
Oh those are really sweet Jason, the speakers will look very good perched on those  :thumb:

Dan

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #704 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:31 am »
Abbey Stands...

Thanks to "Randall Kepley"!   :thumb:

Looks really slick...

Is there a tilt to it? Is that adjustable?

-Tony

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #705 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:33 am »
Looks really slick...

Is there a tilt to it? Is that adjustable?

-Tony

No tilt.  Perfectly flat...they're playing games with me too.  I checked when I got home and they're perfect.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #706 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:45 am »
Jason when are the Abbey's due?? You must be so pumped!!!!

TomS

« Reply #707 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:47 am »
Sure, send them over here and I'll snap some shots for those who just can't wait to see them with Abbeys on board  :green:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #708 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:50 am »
Jason when are the Abbey's due?? You must be so pumped!!!!

First shipment of the Abbeys should be end of the month and the second shipment of the two bandpass subs should follow a week after or less. 

Pumped?  You have no idea...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #709 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:51 am »
Sure, send them over here and I'll snap some shots for those who just can't wait to see them with Abbeys on board  :green:

Be careful what you wish for...you don't know me very well.  Well, you might as I've offered to send you plenty of goods.   :lol:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #710 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:52 am »
Be careful what you wish for...you don't know me very well.  Well, you might as I've offered to send you plenty of goods.   :lol:

Yes, be very careful with JT. He was willing to leave $10K worth of equipment at my place no questions asked. Except, he kept asking, "Are you sure?" And I always answered with..."the wife..." :duh: :thumb:

Anand.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #711 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:53 am »
Very cool......I like the way you say "first shipment"  like your getting a warehouse full or a trailer load....LOL....The stands are awesome by the way.  :thumb: :thumb:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #712 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:55 am »
Very cool......I like the way you say "first shipment"  like your getting a warehouse full or a trailer load....LOL....The stands are awesome by the way.  :thumb: :thumb:

His neighbors have NO IDEA what is about to happen.

Anand.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #713 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:56 am »

Well, I'm getting two shipments of audio related stuff.   8)

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #714 on: 7 Jan 2011, 02:00 am »

I'm pretty sure I'm a sick pup as I have had to start stacking JBL's......Anand see the Maxell guy on the lower right, waiting on a frame...!!!

gedlee

• GedLee LLC
« Reply #715 on: 7 Jan 2011, 03:02 am »
I don't know if Jason mentioned it, but those are the stands that I made for myself - they are my design.

Just spent a day at the Hi-End show at the Venitian.  All I can say is that there are a lot of really bad speakers out there, and it is amazing how many companies make tube amps and turntables.  When I go through shows like this all I think is "Are we trying to do the same thing?"

Listened to some Avantgardes and wow, were they bad.  I know that they HAD TO BE setup wrong because they were really bad!  The speakers that impressed me as actually sound good were the YG Acoustics. Just remember that they were "tollerable" is a sea of junk, but they were astronomically priced.  Again I had to ask myself "Are we trying to do the same thing?"

I have to ask what this whole business is about.  I just seem to be completely unconnected with these people.  I listened to a guy talk about how these cables had a center core and a shield that were polarized to "align the grains" of the insulator.  This "increased coherency and lowered noise for better transparency"!  Are we on the same planet?

But then I read an advertisement in a mag about a local sauna that offered a hot oil drip on your forhead which "reduced stress, improved circulation" and probably cured cancer along with a whole host of other magical health benifits.  I came to realize that its all part of one big mysical world of magic that marketing offers to the masses to comfort their soles in a time of mass hysteria.

Now it makes sense!!!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #716 on: 7 Jan 2011, 03:12 am »
they are my design.
No doubt about that.  Very much appreciated.   :thumb:

Just spent a day at the Hi-End show at the Venitian.  All I can say is that there are a lot of really bad speakers out there, and it is amazing how many companies make tube amps and turntables.  When I go through shows like this all I think is "Are we trying to do the same thing?"

Listened to some Avantgardes and wow, were they bad.  I know that they HAD TO BE setup wrong because they were really bad!  The speakers that impressed me as actually sound good were the YG Acoustics. Just remember that they were "tollerable" is a sea of junk, but they were astronomically priced.  Again I had to ask myself "Are we trying to do the same thing?"

I have to ask what this whole business is about.  I just seem to be completely unconnected with these people.  I listened to a guy talk about how these cables had a center core and a shield that were polarized to "align the grains" of the insulator.  This "increased coherency and lowered noise for better transparency"!  Are we on the same planet?

But then I read an advertisement in a mag about a local sauna that offered a hot oil drip on your forhead which "reduced stress, improved circulation" and probably cured cancer along with a whole host of other magical health benifits.  I came to realize that its all part of one big mysical world of magic that marketing offers to the masses to comfort their soles in a time of mass hysteria.

Now it makes sense!!!
:rotflmao:

Randall Kepley

• Industry Participant
  • Kepley Custom Cabinets & Furniture
« Reply #717 on: 7 Jan 2011, 03:18 am »
And I hope the the time I spent building them is up to your standard, Im glad Jason is pleased w/ them. Thanks for all the nice comments. R.K.

[quote author=gedlee link=topic=86403.msg887613#msg887613 date=1294369364
I don't know if Jason mentioned it, but those are the stands that I made for myself - they are my design.

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #718 on: 7 Jan 2011, 03:43 am »
Earl,

What are you doing at the High End Show?  Is there anything you are looking for or were you in Vegas for another reason and just decided to stop by? I am just curious what you would see interesting there since you are not displaying your wonderful speakers?

Thanks,
James

dguarnaccia

• Will work for imaging
« Reply #719 on: 7 Jan 2011, 06:05 pm »
Those are some very nice stands Earl. Are you considering offering them for sale on a regular basis? I thought I read something about that elsewhere. 

New Abbey owner here, still finishing up my first review, and waiting on my Nathan for the center channel (it got damaged in shipping). Overall I'm super pleased. I've never heard imaging and detail like this before, let alone soundstage depth.  Can't wait to finish replacing all the rears with CD speakers.

Full review to follow shortly.

Best,

Darren