GedLee Abbey's Feedback Wanted!

dwr

Re: GedLee Abbey's Feedback Wanted!
« Reply #560 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:11 am »
Excellent!!! Enjoy your listening session. Also on a side note, the class D amp that you built was it by chance based on the SDS-254 kit from classdaudio ? I have been looking at that kit with quite a bit of interest.

Dan

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #561 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:16 am »
Excellent!!! Enjoy your listening session. Also on a side note, the class D amp that you built was it by chance based on the SDS-254 kit from classdaudio ? I have been looking at that kit with quite a bit of interest.

Dan

Yes it was.

dwr

« Reply #562 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:30 am »
OK one more question on that, did you use the transformer that comes with the kit or did you go with another? If so which one?

Dan

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #563 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:39 am »
OK one more question on that, did you use the transformer that comes with the kit or did you go with another? If so which one?

Dan

I used the stock kit.  Anand did a custom build. 

dwr

« Reply #564 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:41 am »
Thank you sir!!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #565 on: 16 Dec 2010, 02:01 pm »
TWO days...

:dance:

The wait is slooooowly coming to an end for Phase I.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #566 on: 16 Dec 2010, 02:37 pm »
Have you any confidence about remaining objective for the session?  Seriously, you know yourself better than anyone here, can you still evaluate without bias?  Regardless of the outcome, I hope you have a great time.  Enjoy!

goskers

« Reply #567 on: 16 Dec 2010, 02:38 pm »
I'm just glad to see that there is no build-up of anticipation before the audition  :)

When I made my trip to Detroit for an audition I had extremely high hopes.  Anyone who states that they make the 'World's Best Loudspeakers' better set a high standard.  I was not disappointed as most of my scientific questions just melted away with each passing song played.

If I were still in the area I would join you guys.

sts9fan

« Reply #568 on: 16 Dec 2010, 02:49 pm »
No matter what he will hear the best speakers ever.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #569 on: 16 Dec 2010, 03:04 pm »
Have you any confidence about remaining objective for the session?  Seriously, you know yourself better than anyone here, can you still evaluate without bias?  Regardless of the outcome, I hope you have a great time.  Enjoy!

I find it pretty easy to walk away.  If I like them, I buy them, if I don't, I walk away very thankful for the experience. 

I'm pretty happy with what I have so they need to obliterate what I have for me to make the investment that I'm looking at. 

Am I excited?  Yes!  Will emotion sway judement?  Hell NO!  Money is involved and I haven't spent any.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #570 on: 16 Dec 2010, 03:05 pm »

If I were still in the area I would join you guys.

:nono:

I'm glad that you're not there..it's harder to really listen with the more people that are present.  sorry.   :oops:

Nick77

« Reply #571 on: 16 Dec 2010, 03:23 pm »
Jason have fun and keep in mind Anand spent mega bucks upgrading the XO's. Look forward to hearing your impressions, heard the Nathons a while but still looking to hear the Abbys.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #572 on: 16 Dec 2010, 05:42 pm »
Jason have fun and keep in mind Anand spent mega bucks upgrading the XO's. Look forward to hearing your impressions, heard the Nathons a while but still looking to hear the Abbys.

Yes, I'm fully aware.  If I got crazy like him, I could always built 'em too. 

I'm tame though. 

Bear

« Reply #573 on: 16 Dec 2010, 07:59 pm »
I am sure I read somewhere(possibly another forum) that the Nathans had a tour.  Is the tour still active? Are they available for in home audition?  How, what, when, where does one get on the list?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #574 on: 16 Dec 2010, 08:01 pm »
I am sure I read somewhere(possibly another forum) that the Nathans had a tour.  Is the tour still active? Are they available for in home audition?  How, what, when, where does one get on the list?

I highly doubt that's the case anymore...if it was, I would be disappointed that I didn't know or have been told about it.  I would've done that in a NYC minute. 

turkey

« Reply #575 on: 16 Dec 2010, 08:05 pm »

I suppose you could say the tour is still active. They made it all the way to my house and they've been there ever since. :)

I don't know if Earl built another pair for a demo tour or not.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #576 on: 16 Dec 2010, 08:06 pm »
I suppose you could say the tour is still active. They made it all the way to my house and they've been there ever since. :)

Were you the first on the tour?

Bear

« Reply #577 on: 16 Dec 2010, 08:09 pm »

Ah, ha.  the culprit steps forward.  I emailed Dr. Geddes a few days ago inquiring about the tour but have yet to recieve a response.

turkey

« Reply #578 on: 16 Dec 2010, 08:56 pm »
Were you the first on the tour?

No, other people had them first. Also, I've had them for almost 2 years now, so maybe Earl had a tour after that. I was sort of keeping up on the various threads over on diyaudio, but threads over there always get so long that it's hard to read everything. (Right now I'm reading one thread where I'm on page 156 of 1156, and it's starting to all blend together.) :)

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #579 on: 18 Dec 2010, 01:02 am »
16 hrs...