uDac 2 - High frequency noise is audible on "quiet" input

mr-teatime

Re: uDac 2 - High frequency noise is audible on "quiet" input
« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm »
@serlu, thanks for your input - but to clarify, we are speaking of a sine tone (medium to high frequency)
hissing is something else and channel imbalance is kind of normal and tolerable on low impedance headphones with that kind of device ...

@lasse & ingvarr
i also could reproduce two slightly different frequencies ...
and yes, it is not exactly great to have this kind of phenomenon with a high quality product, since the quality with higher impedance cans is superb ...

i really hope we can get some kind of statement from nuforce there ...

serlu

« Reply #21 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:50 pm »
Hi,

@mr-teatime ok. Well I had that problem as well.

But I cannot do any further testing. My unit broke down. Would not produce any sound no matter how I rebooted, re-connected and tested different equipment.  :(

Now I have returned it. Will not try another unit until there's another batch in Sweden that proves to be of better quality. Upon returning it I was informed that I was not the first to report this problem. Pretty much all recent sales had reported the noise problem.

lazpete

« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2010, 01:42 pm »
Got an answer to my support ticket, and the word is to send it back. It feels really good that nuforce are taking us with the "whine" versions of the UDAC2 seriously.  But it feels kinda sad to be without the udac2 for god nows how long, before it is exchanged. :(