WTB: Spendor FL9 Floorstanders

TjMV3

WTB: Spendor FL9 Floorstanders
« on: 6 Sep 2010, 03:36 pm »
I'm searching for a nice,  fully functional,  hopefully aesthetically in excellent shape,  pair of the Spendor FL9.

I prefer that Cherryish type finish,  but I'll take what ever finish I can find :lol:

Thanks.

sunnydaze

Re: WTB: Spendor FL9 Floorstanders
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2010, 05:04 pm »
Great speakers.  I sold a pair into Canada about 15 months ago, perfect condition in cherry.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=63735.0

The FL9 is very rarely seen.  Good luck finding a pair!       :thumb:

TjMV3

« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2010, 07:06 pm »
Thanks Sunny :thumb:

I know it will be difficult to find a pair of these,  but I'm going to try.

Hey,  ask that guy from Cananda if he wants to send them back down to the USA,  to me :green:

Those are lovely looking speakers and they sound beautiful.   I'll keep trying to find a nice pair.

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2010, 02:31 am »

Don't know if I still have his contact info, but I'll look for it.  Who knows, maybe he's ready to sell.

I do know there are three pair of FL-9 up in his neck of the woods (Montreal).  Evidently, one guy owned a pair, and the other guys heard them, loved them, targeted them, and bought 'em.  They probably represent all the pairs of FL-9 sold in North America!    :lol:

mcoaggie

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2010, 12:49 pm »
There has been a pair of FL8 on sale here in Atlanta on craigslist for the last 6 months.  Its been re-listed a couple different times.  The last link expired but I think they may get posted again. 

I just googled and they are listed in the charlotte craigslist now but with a tag for Atlanta.  Asking 725 but I could swear they had them on the ATL for 600.00.

TjMV3

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2010, 02:45 am »
Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated.  I contacted the seller and I volunteered to drive down to Atlanta and pick up. 

Awaiting his response.

TjMV3

« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2010, 05:31 pm »
I'm still looking for a nice pair of FL9.

I'm going to pick up the Spendor FL8 in Atlanta,  next weekend. 

sunnydaze

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2010, 09:52 pm »

My experience was that the FL-9 really liked power before they would truely come alive.  Lots of clean authoritative power.  A bit sluggish and polite till really pushed, the power opens 'em right up.  They always maintain the sweet and musical Spendor sound, regardless of what you put into them.

TjMV3

« Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2010, 10:15 pm »
My experience was that the FL-9 really liked power before they would truely come alive.  Lots of clean authoritative power.  A bit sluggish and polite till really pushed, the power opens 'em right up.  They always maintain the sweet and musical Spendor sound, regardless of what you put into them.

I suspect my Van Alstine Fet Valve 500 or my McIntosh MC252 should be appropriate for that job.  I think either one will drive them beautifully.  Yes?

sunnydaze

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:52 pm »
I have never heard either amp, but with that much quality power, I suspect both will do very nicely!    :thumb:

I still miss my FL-9.  If the 8's are similar, you are in for a treat.  What speakers have you owned in the past?

sunnydaze

« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:03 pm »

PS:   did you buy Levi's VA Bach?

They used to be mine.  He bought them from me!     8)

TjMV3

« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:21 pm »
I have never heard either amp, but with that much quality power, I suspect both will do very nicely!    :thumb:

I still miss my FL-9.  If the 8's are similar, you are in for a treat.  What speakers have you owned in the past?

Oh,  many speakers.  I have three systems in my house (my home office,  my Living Room TH and 2 Channel) and my Family Room HT and two channel).

I've had Paradigm Monitor 9,  Wharfedale Evo 30,  Wharfedale Opus 2,  Odyssey Audio Nightingales,  Quad 22L,   Jamo C607,  Jamo C807,  Jamo C809,  Jamo C803,  Jamo C603...and several others.

I still have my Jamo C809 (which are my avatar),  Jamo C803 and Jamo C607.    But  the  Beethoven Baby Grand are now replacing a pair of those Jamo speakers and I'm making more changes.

PS:   did you buy Levi's VA Bach?

They used to be mine.  He bought them from me!     8)

Yes I did!   They're going in my bedroom. 

I want to see how I like the Spendor FL8 and FL9 compared to my VA speakers.   

I'm keeping the Jamo C809 for my Living Romm system,  for now.  But we'll see how that goes :lol:

sunnydaze

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2010, 03:09 pm »
I always wanted to try a pair of VA Beethovens.

I hear the older version is better than the current Grand series, but I have no idea -- just what I've been told.  There were two pair of the older Beethovens on AG recently priced around $1600.  Great price!  I would have scooped 'em right up if I didn't have my current speaker, which I am very happy with.