Anyone going to pickup their AV123 auction winnings later?

Savage

Re: Anyone going to pickup their AV123 auction winnings later?
« Reply #20 on: 1 Sep 2010, 05:14 am »
Jeez, swipe something else? I already feel like I stole what I bought.

I believe I am going to have to go to Longmont tomorrow to pick up my stuff. I bought a set of LS6 cabinets in boxes (huge) and a lot containing 5 UPS's (no picture was available, so I don't know if they're small or large for UPS's), plus I am trying to buy a few MFW cabinets (large) from some of the large lot buyers. So if there's room, and I don't have a problem looking like the Beverly Hillbillies going on a 16 month vacation-- if it's not raining anyway. Give me an idea of what you're looking to ship so I can see if I have boxes and I'll bring some packing stuff. You may have to give me a day or two to locate boxes and packing material.

I worked out a deal with the auctioneer to have them bring any of the lots that I purchased back to Dickensheet. As their website has been down and I haven't been able to get a hold of either person I spoke to prior to or during the auction to see if they did bring back my stuff. The person I spoke to today at Dickensheet said she didn't know about my items, but any items that were not picked up today, needs to be picked up tomorrow. She did not mention about any fee for picking the stuff up late. I can't imagine in this economy that someone's going to move into the factory tomorrow.

With their website being down, and employees not returning emails, they should expect it to delay the process. I'm sure that probably most of the stuff left today. I'm sure they gathered the stragglers together and started cleaning the remainder of the factory. It's not like they thought they were going to move every piece out of there today, clean the factory. Have the new company move in and be ready for the 7am shift on the first.

So if I have to go to Longmont anyway, I'll do it. Let's see, that's $70 for the LS6's minus $50 for helping someone out which brings my price paid for my brand new in box pair of Palisander LS6 cabinets down to twenty American dollars. Woo Hoo! If however, they moved my stuff to Denver, then that saves me an 1-1/2 from going to Longmont and I won't be able to help you out. I'm guessing with thier website down and trying to load up all this stuff, they probably still have my stuff in Longmont.

Sorry about all the flames. You have to understand you started off saying this guy was charging too much, rather than being a bit more pc and just stating he was charging more than you wanted to spend. I understand. You get a good deal on some items, and maybe you didn't read about the 16% auction upcharge, shipping's already expensive and then you have packing tacked on top of that. All of a sudden the deal doesn't look quite as sweet. We were all at the auction to save a couple of bucks, right? I'll PM you my phone #.

jn316

« Reply #21 on: 1 Sep 2010, 05:58 am »
Jeez, swipe something else? I already feel like I stole what I bought.

I was just agreeing with milehighguy that if someone wanted to steal something, they easily could have. I agree...ridiculously good deals.

freerider

« Reply #22 on: 1 Sep 2010, 02:37 pm »
I saw your 15 woofers today at about 2 pm. I even counted them again for "approximately" the fourth time. Still 15 there.

I got an email from Dickensheet saying that they didn't get picked up.  When I called them, they told me they didn't know if they got picked up or not, and that I should call Justin. Wha??  So I don't know where my woofers are right now, but I'll be calling Justin shortly to find out.

johnzm

« Reply #23 on: 1 Sep 2010, 02:58 pm »
good luck freerider.

i called Justin yesterday and confirmed he got my email, which he had. so i am expecting a call or email from him today on the expected shipping costs.

freerider

« Reply #24 on: 1 Sep 2010, 04:20 pm »
Justin confirmed he'll be picking my stuff up today.  :singing: