I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets

Danny Richie

Re: I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets
« Reply #60 on: 31 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm »
Nope, just rotate the tweeter 90 degrees and you're done.

devste

« Reply #61 on: 31 Aug 2010, 10:35 pm »

Just use the plans for the OB-7 plus, minus the lower section.

Thanks Danny.

Savage

« Reply #62 on: 1 Sep 2010, 12:45 am »
If anyone purchased two pairs of LS6's for your front three channels, and have no use for the fourth, I would like to purchase one more single (pallisander preferred but any color would work) LS6 for a center channel as well, uh I guess a LS9 would be more appropriate. This setup will be primarily 2.0 or 2.1 with up to 4 mfw's, maybe even Turbo's, but the occasional 5.1 (or ultimately a 7.1) system. I think that outta do the trick. I'm near the Denver Metro area, so we could meet as I'm guessing a lot of Coloradan's gobbled up these deals as they cost a lot of people 5 times as much of the purchase price to ship them. I'm also willing to take them off your hands if you've decided between shipping and components, it's not the right time with this economy.

Mine are really going to be a wine rack somewhat indefinitely. Hopefully Danny's deal for the av123 Auction's Economic Incentive Plan lasts for a while. Is it too ghetto to mention layaway? For what I paid I don't mind starring at them for a while. Kind of like owning a cow.

Savage

« Reply #63 on: 1 Sep 2010, 12:53 am »
Ya know since the indictment, av123 products have been so cheap, I wonder if this auction will just cause the used prices of their products to sink even lower? What will happen if there's an incarceration?

mojave

« Reply #64 on: 1 Sep 2010, 04:08 pm »
Has anyone opened their cabinet crates? Are the grills included are will we have to build these if we want grills?

Milehighguy

« Reply #65 on: 1 Sep 2010, 04:59 pm »
I haven't opened mine yet. They are at my brother's place and I will be there later today or tomorrow to look at them. I did get grill covers on one pair that was out of the box. I am going to sell two or three pairs for $300 per pair, so if anyone is interested, pm me.

Milehighguy

« Reply #66 on: 1 Sep 2010, 05:02 pm »
I also will be selling one or two MFW's. these are complete and finished with amps. I will test them today or tomorrow as well, and the price will of course depend on if the amps work. Anyone with an interest in these may contact me via PM as well.

jn316

« Reply #67 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:50 pm »
Has anyone opened their cabinet crates? Are the grills included are will we have to build these if we want grills?

On my satin rosewoods, the grills were included, as were the port tubes and some polyfill. Driver mounting holes were pre-drilled (Yeah!) My veneer was in great shape. The note about veneer cracking on the outer shipping box was much ado about nothing. Extremely minor veneer cracking in a small area. Very pleased with the appearance...nice grain pattern. Even the wife loved them...I was shocked!!!!  :o  She asked how much the rest would cost...I hemmed and hawed and said it was TBD.  :lol:  Could post pics tonight if anyone is interested.

One of my port tubes was missing, however. Not a big deal. It wasn't the back piece, but the tube on the inside that was missing. I guess I need to find out who bought the lot of port tubes!  :thumb:

Savage

« Reply #68 on: 2 Sep 2010, 08:43 am »
The Palisander's were the Rosa, beautiful work Santiago if these are yours? I didn't see the Cali, Columbia tag. Mine had the bases, the socks, the grilles, but they did not have the plastic ports, but there were holes that are routered for them. The fronts have pilot holes and are routered for the ribbon tweeters, but they are not routered for the woofers? Are these flush mount? All the bolts were used for the bases, but there was enough to fill all the holes. No spikes or instructions or warranty information was included (not that it would matter anyway.) There was no batting inside. One of the access doors has a streak like the Palisander naturals.

I am extremely happy and I had a few friends over and they couldn't believe the build quality especially for the money.

My lot of UPS's was a hit too. One of them is an industrial type one that weighs 108lbs. It's the size of four car batteries. There were two medium size units and then three of the normal size ones. One of the midsize units came with instructions & spare parts. They all have ports for surge supression for cable, telephone, Ethernet and some with USB power backup as well.

mms3

« Reply #69 on: 2 Sep 2010, 02:26 pm »
The fronts have pilot holes and are routered for the ribbon tweeters, but they are not routered for the woofers? Are these flush mount?

I'm assuming you mean that there are holes for the woofers, but they aren't counter-sunk like the port holes/tweeter box.  If so, that's normal.  The woofers will overlap and screw into the front baffle.

All the bolts were used for the bases, but there was enough to fill all the holes. No spikes or instructions or warranty information was included (not that it would matter anyway.)

I also, didn't get enough screws for the bases, but they're easy enough to get at a local hardware store.  No spikes either, and I emailed AV123 about it (before they shut down).  The response was something along the lines that these speakers are too big and heavy for spikes, and that it would be dangerous/unstable.  I can find the actual text of the email later if anyone cares.

Savage

« Reply #70 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:16 pm »
There are woofer holes, thanks, glad to hear that they are supposed to be surface mount.

Not that it's a big deal, but what I was trying to say is that they sent me the exact number of bolts, no trip to the hardware store needed, except for the solder! I've read somewhere where they only sent 4 bolts per speaker.

As far as spikes, mine were not threaded to accept them. I think av123's probably right about the weight. I think spikes would only be a good idea if you purchased some really large, extremely high-quality spikes, and used 6-8 of them. I also wouldn't just use the normal threaded inserts to accept them, but rather large washers to spread out the stress a bit.
Also, you would have to get some of those floor protectors, or you would cause serious damage to the floor.

Also, in the daylight I question whether these are a Palisander natural. There's none of those super-light streaks on the product, but there are definitely quite large areas of lighter wood. So I think I might just have a darker specimen of the Palisander natural. I have some of the Rosewoods on ELT's, and these definitely don't have that red component, so if I had to guess, I think it is a darker specimen of the Natural finish. But regardless of the title, they are gorgeous.

I'm kind of surprised there was no logo on these. These will be the nicest generic speakers I have ever owned!

Danny Richie

« Reply #71 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:25 pm »
Hey guys, my total was 6 pallets and 8,375 pounds!

Anybody want to trade shipping charges?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:30 pm »
Hey guys, my total was 6 pallets and 8,375 pounds!

Anybody want to trade shipping charges?

Sure, if I can collect the profit. 

johnzm

« Reply #73 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:05 pm »
well, it sounds like my amp was stolen. (h34)
and the speakers i got have pushed in tweeters. yay

kingdeezie

« Reply #74 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:18 pm »

From the auction or at your house?

vfreeman13

« Reply #75 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:18 pm »

Awesome...... I wondered about that kind of stuff happening myself.  I'm sure it was kaos down there.

I'm still wondering where my LS6 cabinets are.  I haven't heard any news from anyone who is supposed to have them.

johnzm

« Reply #76 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:20 pm »
from the auction house :cry:
and of all the people ive dealt with, so far justin@ pakmail is the onlyone telling me anything.

if justin has your ls6 cabs u can call him he said shipping is alot more reasonable than most expected, as the cabinets are coming in at under 50lbs a piece for most of them

mojave

« Reply #77 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:40 pm »
I had to call Dickensheet and give them the name of the person picking up my stuff. He was also required to show them a copy of my invoice. It seemed like they were trying to keep things secure, but I was told that it was nonstop freight trucks (UPS, Fed Ex, YRC, etc.) besides all the individuals arriving all afternoon to pick up items. I'm glad I had a friend that could personally get my items.

Savage

« Reply #78 on: 2 Sep 2010, 06:37 pm »
I notice now that it is marked Palisander Rosa Satin and I still haven't found a tag indicating where it was made. I was not able to view the items prior to bidding. As av123 screwed up on the model and the color shown, I was just wondering what other colors people found in their LS6 boxes? and there's no way my cabinets weigh just 50 lbs. I've read that they are 300 lbs. for just the cabinets, whereas once they are fully functional, they are supposed to weigh a quarter ton.

So Danny, are you thinking of renting a truck? It would seem more cost effective than paying for shipping one box at a time. Where are you located?

So is av123 empty? Did everyone pick up all their stuff? Anyone looking at unloading a few non-functional MFWs? At the prices sold and being local, I wouldn't mind sitting on a few of these as well-- until Danny comes out with a kit, that is.

jn316

« Reply #79 on: 2 Sep 2010, 07:07 pm »
I notice now that it is marked Palisander Rosa Satin and I still haven't found a tag indicating where it was made.

It says it on the shipping boxes "Made with Pride etc...". If they are Palisander, they are from Cali.