I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets

freerider

Re: I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets
« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm »
Ok, I just want to know who Yepitsme is, and how much he's going to ask for those crossovers. 
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2010, 03:53 pm by freerider »

Bizarroterl

« Reply #21 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:47 pm »
Or who rubyredsky is - picked up 4 pairs of LS6 cabinets along with a bunch of other stuff. 

mhawic

« Reply #22 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm »
My guess, danny is yepitsme , ski ninja is Rockymtnhigh.     Danny how much are you selling those built Ls6 crossovers for?

aaron smithski

« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:52 pm »
My guess, danny is yepitsme

Exactly what I was thinking...  :wink:

HT cOz

« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2010, 11:25 pm »
Wow unbelievable

Milehighguy

« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm »
Ruby Red Sky is the registered name of my new samoyed puppy, Ruby for short. She let me borrow her name for the auction :green:
I will be selling 2 pairs of the ls-6 cabinets, don't know for how much yet. Might sell an MFW or 2 as well, and maybe some of the hundreds of new green OFC interconnects I got. :o
Just got lucky to live in Colorado, and happened to have a few spare bucks right now (not usually the case).
There seemed to be some discrepancies between what the internet auction showed, and what I saw at the site. The 80 ls crossovers may have been 20 something crossovers and 80 bass management circuit boards, so the winner of that may want to double check that. Whoever got the x-amps may think they got 1, but they may get 5 or 6 of them. the lot 164 shows 3 onix amps, but at the site it was 1 tube amp, and lot 165 was the 3 onix amps, as I recall. Plus the MFW's I got were not supposed to have amps, but they sure looked like they had amps to me!
Now I need to look for a ben gay auction, to help with the sore back I'm going to have after I load this stuff tomorrow! :lol:

Milehighguy

« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:04 am »
BTW, I'm not implying that if mistakes were made that they were intentional. I'm assuming they were honest mistakes. The auction folks seemed very friendly and helpfull when I was there.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:07 am »
I got some Moho's!!!  Thanks for someone leaving me a pair!  lol

Robert

Savage

« Reply #28 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:11 am »
I got the best deal on LS6 cabinets at the auction. Brand new in boxes Palisander (yeah I know about the problem veneer, but I still like them) for $70! And I live about 45 minutes away from picking them up. so no shipping.

Danny, I'm guessing you got a killer deal on some stuff too, any chances you might be willing to  pass along the savings? Or is it like av123, where I have to wait for santa to get the best prices?

Too bad I don't have the cash to build the LS6 kit now. For now I'll just enjoy looking at my future speakers. Until I build the garage, I wouldn't have the right space for them anyway.

The way they split up the lots were crazy. You could buy 12 MFW15's for half the price of buying 1. They obviously would have made a lot more money if they would have split them all up. I was looking to get another cabinet, so I could add a second one to my HT setup, just for the future when Danny releases his upgrade, but I got caught up with other items and lost out on my MFW doorstop.

I also picked up a bunch of UPS's for less than what you'd expect to pay for 1. My computer and fish tank will be happy for that.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #29 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:27 am »
Great Snag my friend!!!  That's a deal that can't be beat....

Robert

I got the best deal on LS6 cabinets at the auction. Brand new in boxes Palisander (yeah I know about the problem veneer, but I still like them) for $70! And I live about 45 minutes away from picking them up. so no shipping.

Danny, I'm guessing you got a killer deal on some stuff too, any chances you might be willing to  pass along the savings? Or is it like av123, where I have to wait for santa to get the best prices?

Too bad I don't have the cash to build the LS6 kit now. For now I'll just enjoy looking at my future speakers. Until I build the garage, I wouldn't have the right space for them anyway.

The way they split up the lots were crazy. You could buy 12 MFW15's for half the price of buying 1. They obviously would have made a lot more money if they would have split them all up. I was looking to get another cabinet, so I could add a second one to my HT setup, just for the future when Danny releases his upgrade, but I got caught up with other items and lost out on my MFW doorstop.

I also picked up a bunch of UPS's for less than what you'd expect to pay for 1. My computer and fish tank will be happy for that.

freerider

« Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:48 am »
I managed to pick up the "approximately" 14 woofers for my Pali LS6 cabinets!  Pretty stoked about that, as long as there are actually 14 in the lot.  I do have to pay shipping though, so it won't be huge savings.

It would be sweet to see some of those crossovers moved at a reasonable price...we'll have to wait and see.

emac

« Reply #31 on: 31 Aug 2010, 12:49 am »
Anyone know who got Lot #4, which appear to be the powered Mini woofers?  One of mine appears to have a blown voice coil, and I would love to have another.  There just wasn't any point in bidding on 8 of them and having to pay the shipping.

Thanks.

johnzm

« Reply #32 on: 31 Aug 2010, 01:04 am »
i got myself a couple things as well. itll be interesting to see how shipping charges work out, since im outta state.

i was quoted over 400 to ship ls6 cabs to my place (witht he shipping co packing them themselves) so i decided to stay out of those auctions.

Milehighguy,
i actually won that lot that had the wrong picture online(164). im hoping i dont get the short end of the stick on that one!

mms3

« Reply #33 on: 31 Aug 2010, 01:23 am »
I managed to pick up the "approximately" 14 woofers for my Pali LS6 cabinets!  Pretty stoked about that, as long as there are actually 14 in the lot.  I do have to pay shipping though, so it won't be huge savings.

It would be sweet to see some of those crossovers moved at a reasonable price...we'll have to wait and see.

I was trying to get those woofers too.  It just got beyond what I was able to spend right now.  Congrats.

I might be interested in the crossovers too.  I wonder how many of them were for LS6's vs. LS9's.  In any case, it would have to be the right price since they need component upgrades from Danny.  Of course, if Danny is the one who bought them, then I guess it wouldn't matter.

sandbagger

« Reply #34 on: 31 Aug 2010, 02:01 am »
164 was labeled as a H34, and had 2 pictures the default was 3 Onix P3000's and the 2nd pic was the H34 amp

165 was labeled as 3 Onix P3000's and no picture

Now the million dollar question is what is a Onix P3000?????  Its a preamp

i got myself a couple things as well. itll be interesting to see how shipping charges work out, since im outta state.

i was quoted over 400 to ship ls6 cabs to my place (witht he shipping co packing them themselves) so i decided to stay out of those auctions.

Milehighguy,
i actually won that lot that had the wrong picture online(164). im hoping i dont get the short end of the stick on that one!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #35 on: 31 Aug 2010, 02:35 am »
Congrates to all the LS6 winners. I've heard just about all the GR products and the LS group are my absolute favorites.  What a deal you guys got!  The LS6's get probably 95% of what the LS9's can give you. The differences are there, but they are not huge. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #36 on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:08 am »
Yep, it's me.  :green:

I did manage to pick up a few items and will be glad to pass along the savings.

Congratulations to everyone that snagged some great deals.

That next group of 500 LS woofers that I ordered today, from Peerless will be built out in about four weeks or so. I'll have them here before the end of the year if all goes well.

I'll order more of the LS tweeters from BG as needed and will continue to have you guys cover on everything you need.

I think I better order another pallet of No Rez soon....

Bizarroterl

« Reply #37 on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:18 am »
Ruby Red Sky is the registered name of my new samoyed puppy, Ruby for short. She let me borrow her name for the auction :green:
I will be selling 2 pairs of the ls-6 cabinets, don't know for how much yet. Might sell an MFW or 2 as well, and maybe some of the hundreds of new green OFC interconnects I got. :o
Just got lucky to live in Colorado, and happened to have a few spare bucks right now (not usually the case).
There seemed to be some discrepancies between what the internet auction showed, and what I saw at the site. The 80 ls crossovers may have been 20 something crossovers and 80 bass management circuit boards, so the winner of that may want to double check that. Whoever got the x-amps may think they got 1, but they may get 5 or 6 of them. the lot 164 shows 3 onix amps, but at the site it was 1 tube amp, and lot 165 was the 3 onix amps, as I recall. Plus the MFW's I got were not supposed to have amps, but they sure looked like they had amps to me!
Now I need to look for a ben gay auction, to help with the sore back I'm going to have after I load this stuff tomorrow! :lol:

Congrats!  I was thinking about this during dinner, and I figured you must be building the monster 7.1 system of all time.   :green:

aaron smithski

« Reply #38 on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:47 am »
Yep, it's me.  :green:

I did manage to pick up a few items and will be glad to pass along the savings.

Congratulations to everyone that snagged some great deals.

Had a funny feeling that was you!  :lol:

I was STRONGLY considering bidding on the ELT stuff and throwing them up on eBay as line array kits...glad you won as I'm sure you will come up with a much better crossover.  :green:

I live 550 miles north and had everything worked out to come down with my buddy's 52' enclosed car hauler and flat load up on stuff. I had been gearing up for it for a week but had the strangest deflation of motivation when it came time to place bids during the last hour; even though the prices were clearly incredible, it just didn't feel right and I decided to not participate. Still can't quite figure it out...  :scratch:

Looks like the total take on the auction was about $17k plus the 16% buyer's premium before their expenses.

kcxj

« Reply #39 on: 31 Aug 2010, 04:08 am »
For the people who don't live near CO, how are you guys arranging shipping? I was hoping I could arrange for FedEx to pickup, but it looks like I won't have enough time. Also were you charged sales tax?