FS: JBL L-96

Whitese

FS: JBL L-96
« on: 28 Aug 2010, 07:06 pm »
The IMF's have taken main duty in my system, and with my EV's for tubeage, no need for the JBL's.

They are functionally 100%, with upgraded 5 way binding posts.  the grill are intact with logos, but a  bit of light pulling on one by a feline (no runs, just a bit of fraying in one corner).  The cabs are in very good shape. a couple of imperfections (small and unoticeable).

Price: 300.00 bucks but have to be picked up in Northern NJ.  I do have boxes large enough to ship (from my movers), but that will take some time as I need to buy the foam sheets and stuff.

If I need to ship, 10.00 dollars materials fee.  But I rather really not shippem.

parisphoto

Re: FS: JBL L-96
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2010, 03:15 pm »
How do these compare the the L-100's?
I'm in Bergen County and may be interested.
Thanks.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2010, 04:12 pm »
After I graduated from college I received expert advice from a small audio shop in Oneonta, NY who set me up with a pair of these, a Richter Scale Xover, and two woofers for bi-amping and I was a pig in shite for years to come.  Awesome speakers in their day. :thumb:

Whitese

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2010, 04:16 pm »
I have had very expensive speakers next to them and they held their own very well...the xover is more sophisticated than the L-100. This is not a Rocker speaker, but an all around excellent performer with SS or tube.

I am super happy with them, but I need to reduce the amt of stuff in my smallish apt.  I know I will regret selling them. 

Also: for 100.00 extra whoever picks them up can have the stands. sand fillable spiked.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2010, 04:36 pm »
If I had the cash right now I'd add these to my collection for sure, you don't see a lot of these come up for sale that often. As an owner of 4312A's and 4311B's my understanding is that they fit right in there. I have never had a chance to sit and listen to this model but I've owned similar models and they were all great. I really don't think at this price you'll find a better speaker...who ever gets them Enjoy!!!

tjohnusa

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2010, 09:12 pm »
I have a set of L112 and these look to have the same tweet and mid....excellent detail without being harsh...whoever gets them will enjoy them. Good luck with the sale...the price is awesome!

goonstopher

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm »
Reading stuff like this kills me when I don't have money to spend

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2010, 10:40 pm »
... or don't near Northern NJ!

Great speaker for someone - and you can't easily beat the combination of efficiency, power handling and tone of the better JBLs.