Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #420 on: 20 Dec 2010, 04:51 am »
Wow, the Pats survived quite a scar!  I guess facing a really shorthanded team like that is a classic "trap" situation.  The GB backup played pretty darned well, though.  NE is definitely in the drivers seat at this point.  The situation in the NFC is the mirror image.  Trailing the Falcons by 1 game NO really needed the win today but they screwed the pooch.  Unless something weird happens the Saints will be scrambling for a wild card spot.  Winning out won't be easy- their remaining games are against the best team in the NFC in their house (where Ryan is, what, 30-1?) and the Bucs.  That's some tough sleddin'.  They should beat the Bucs but Tampa isn't a complete pushover.  Atlanta on the other hand rose to the occasion and stretched their lead.  And they have two tackling dummies left in the schedule (Panthers and Seahawks).  It looks like the roads to Dallas will be running thru Atlanta and New England.

Bigfish

« Reply #421 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:51 pm »

Just wait Rob til next week when the NFL hands down the latest Pittsburg Steeler fines for defensive leading with the helmet shots to the receivers,,, again. The Steelers must be the most fined team in the NFL this season. Seems like a weekly thingie with a defense that don't seem to mind paying the fines.  :?

Cheers,
Robin

Yes, Ryan Clark will be getting a fine from the NFL this week and I believe he deserves a fine.  He definitely led with his helmet. 

Rob:

Yes, I think we Steeler's Fans can forget about going any further than our first playoff game.  Somehow the NFL is claiming we are locked into the Playoffs, even with the loss yesterday.  If we can win at home against Carolina and on the road at Cleveland (seriously, I doubt this one) we wil finish as the 2nd. seed in the AFC.  At least this will mean we would not get ousted on Wild Card Weekend.  However, I don't see the Ravens losing again which means we have to win both of ours and I have serious doubts.  Maybe Troy and Heath Miller will come off the injury list to give us a boost.

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #422 on: 20 Dec 2010, 05:46 pm »
The NY Giants aren't dead yet. IF they can go to Landau Field this weekend and beat Green Bay Packers, the NFL has announced they've locked a playoff berth. It could be a huge game for Tom Coughlin's continuing career in New York.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #423 on: 20 Dec 2010, 07:44 pm »
The NY Giants aren't dead yet. IF they can go to Landau Field this weekend and beat Green Bay Packers, the NFL has announced they've locked a playoff berth. It could be a huge game for Tom Coughlin's continuing career in New York.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Robin

The Pack didn't look bad last night.  They should have won the game, and almost did.  I also think Rogers is back next week.  As much as I would like to see the fudge-Packers lose, I think they will win and make Coughlin's head explode.   :oops:

Bigfish

« Reply #424 on: 20 Dec 2010, 08:44 pm »
The Pack didn't look bad last night.  They should have won the game, and almost did.  I also think Rogers is back next week.  As much as I would like to see the fudge-Packers lose, I think they will win and make Coughlin's head explode.   :oops:

The thing that Packer's/Patriot's Game did for me is that it gave me hope the Patriots could be beaten in the playoffs.  It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the Patriots.  I just want to believe the Playoffs will be highly competitive! 

Ken

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #425 on: 20 Dec 2010, 08:55 pm »

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Robin

Coughlin's continued employment with the Giants won't be based on the results of Sunday's game with Green Bay - that's not how the Giants' ownership operates.

George

Bigfish

« Reply #426 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:22 pm »
Coughlin's continued employment with the Giants won't be based on the results of Sunday's game with Green Bay - that's not how the Giants' ownership operates.

George

I agree with you.  The Steeler's and Giant's Owners are very similar in the way they handle their business.  Both teams make long-term, well thought-out decisions. 

I personally think Tom Coughlin is a very good coach.  The Giants should not have lost the game yesterday but it was one of the flukes of the decade that just happened. 

Ken

bummrush

« Reply #427 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:35 pm »
And of course i flipped station and said this games over,ya right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dburna

« Reply #428 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm »
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

The Giants were yesterday.....for about 52 minutes.

-dB (Philly born and bred)

P.S. Still trying to get my head around Philly sports recent run of good luck.  Being a typical Philly sports fan (read: pessimistic), I expect the good times to end in about 5-4-3-2-1.....

BikeWNC

« Reply #429 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:58 pm »
I agree with you.  The Steeler's and Giant's Owners are very similar in the way they handle their business.  Both teams make long-term, well thought-out decisions. 

I personally think Tom Coughlin is a very good coach.  The Giants should not have lost the game yesterday but it was one of the flukes of the decade that just happened. 

Ken

It wasn't Coughlin's fault for the meltdown, though the defense did lose some discipline as the second half progressed.  Also, there should have been no way the Giants had to punt the ball after getting it 1:30 left and the Eagles having no TOs.  I blame that on the Offensive Coordinator and throwing on first down.  It's an aggressive call, ok that is fine, but when it went incomplete then run the ball to lose some clock.  Throwing another uncompleted pass on second down left too much time and forced a punt.  Arrgh!

djbnh

« Reply #430 on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:02 pm »
The thing that Packer's/Patriot's Game did for me is that it gave me hope the Patriots could be beaten in the playoffs.  It has nothing to do with whether or not I like the Patriots.  I just want to believe the Playoffs will be highly competitive! 

Ken
I'm a Pats fan. I also am a realist and think any team can be beaten at any time. One doesn't have to look back too many Super Bowls to have a good example. That being said, I think the Pack brought what it could w/o Rodgers, the Pats did what they could without a number of D-line starters, and it's a win / fodder for the Pats' couch to use going forward.

Re: Giants - I think they may want to talk w/DeOssi about a crappy snap to the yearling punter. And speaking of kick run backs, we're still laughing up here about that little 71 yd. jaunt last night!  :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #431 on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:47 pm »

George

I'll remember this comment for later reference if needed after their season is over.  :eyebrows:

Wade Phillips is available,,,  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #432 on: 21 Dec 2010, 03:02 am »
I'm a Pats fan.....And speaking of kick run backs, we're still laughing up here about that little 71 yd. jaunt last night!  :lol:

Irvin was hilarious doing the recap on NFL channel this AM.  "Look!  Big man running with the ball!  Call the kids!  Call your Dad!".   

jackman

« Reply #433 on: 21 Dec 2010, 04:46 am »
Bears...

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #434 on: 21 Dec 2010, 04:57 am »
Bears...

Cutler doesn't have a choice. This is the system they run and these are the receivers they have.  Honestly, Cutler isn't without blame. He missed some open receivers and threw some ugly picks. Its frustrating because they ran the ball really well in the second half and suddenly gave up on the run. This was an ugly game. Sorry for hijacking the threat. I'm not wasting any more time on these losers.

:lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #435 on: 21 Dec 2010, 05:55 am »

Wade Phillips is available,,,  :lol:

My Christmas wish is that Jon Gruden gets hired as a coach. Anywhere.

Please, anything to get him off of Monday Night!  :evil:

jackman

« Reply #436 on: 21 Dec 2010, 02:33 pm »
Safrat, the Bears have frustrated me and all of their fans but I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if, hypothetically, my team was a favorite to play in the Superbowl, and went on to choke and have one of the worst seasons in recent memory. That must be really frustrating.  Hypothetically of course.

The Cowgirls and their golden boy, Tony Homo, are the biggest disappointment in the NFL, despite their recent "comeback". Is Jerry Jones' face so red during games because of his embarrassment or because he has a dead animal on his head? :scratch:

America's team?  If you say so.  :lol:

Cheers
J

twitch54

« Reply #437 on: 21 Dec 2010, 02:52 pm »
I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if, hypothetically, my team was a favorite to play in the Superbowl, and went on to choke . That must be really frustrating.  Hypothetically of course.

Now you know what all us 'sad' Bills fans went through in the early nineties !!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #438 on: 21 Dec 2010, 02:55 pm »
Safrat, the Bears have frustrated me and all of their fans but I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if, hypothetically, my team was a favorite to play in the Superbowl, and went on to choke and have one of the worst seasons in recent memory. That must be really frustrating.  Hypothetically of course.

The Cowgirls and their golden boy, Tony Homo, are the biggest disappointment in the NFL, despite their recent "comeback". Is Jerry Jones' face so red during games because of his embarrassment or because he has a dead animal on his head? :scratch:

America's team?  If you say so.  :lol:

Cheers
J

:-)

Bigfish

« Reply #439 on: 24 Dec 2010, 08:03 pm »
Merry Christmas fellow football fans!

Ken