Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

jackman

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #800 on: 1 Feb 2011, 12:50 am »
Yeah, I keep rememberin that Pittsburg didn't look all that good (to me) against the Jets.  If the Jets defense weren't so flat in the first half, they lose that game.

You could say the same thing about the Pack in the second half of the Bears' game, the fourh quarter especially.  The Pack looked very bad in the second half.  Granted, the Bears' defense was much tougher than the D the Pack will face in the Big Game on Sunday.   :thumb:

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm taking the PACKERS!  Go NFC.

J

Bigfish

« Reply #801 on: 1 Feb 2011, 01:24 am »
You guys know who I am pulling for on Sunday!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

With all seriousness this could be a great Superbowl Game.  If the Steelers lose I will certainly be disappointed; however, pretty much everyone in the media (except Peter King) predicted  6 to 8 wins for the Steelers this year.  Win or lose Sunday I have enjoyed a great year as a Steelers Fan! :thumb:

Ken

MaxCast

« Reply #802 on: 1 Feb 2011, 01:30 am »
I'm looking forward to a great game and a trophy   :green:
The boys and I can't wait!

Bigfish

« Reply #803 on: 1 Feb 2011, 01:45 am »
I just visited NFL.com to learn that Troy Polamalu has been named AP Defensive Player of the year! :thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #804 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:21 am »
Turns out we're going to be closed Sunday nite for the SB.  Last year we did a decent brunch on the day of the Super Bowl but dinner sales were only $1,ooo!  Not worth opening the doors.  So it seems I might actually wind up watching the game if I can't find anything better to do that nite. :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #805 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:24 am »
Turns out we're going to be closed Sunday nite for the SB.  Last year we did a decent brunch on the day of the Super Bowl but dinner sales were only $1,ooo!  Not worth opening the doors.  So it seems I might actually wind up watching the game if I can't find anything better to do that nite. :lol:

So who do you like for Sunday Nite Rob?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #806 on: 1 Feb 2011, 04:35 am »
I just visited NFL.com to learn that Troy Polamalu has been named AP Defensive Player of the year! :thumb:

I love the Steelers, lived there through the Superbowl years (which may be coming again now), and I love Troy, exceptional player, maybe the greatest strong safety to ever play the position.  But player of the year this year, don't see it.  Not his fault as it is injury that dropped his performance, but he was definitely not the same player this year.  Go Steelers! 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #807 on: 1 Feb 2011, 06:16 am »

So who do you like for Sunday Nite Rob?

I loathe both teams! :lol:  But since I despise The Fudgepackers marginally less, I shall assume that $hitsburg will win. :duh:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #808 on: 1 Feb 2011, 07:17 am »
I loathe both teams! :lol:  But since I despise The Fudgepackers marginally less, I shall assume that $hitsburg will win. :duh:

I love fudge.  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #809 on: 1 Feb 2011, 12:41 pm »
I love the Steelers, lived there through the Superbowl years (which may be coming again now), and I love Troy, exceptional player, maybe the greatest strong safety to ever play the position.  But player of the year this year, don't see it.  Not his fault as it is injury that dropped his performance, but he was definitely not the same player this year.  Go Steelers!
Agreed on Troy.  Go figure.

Bigfish

« Reply #810 on: 1 Feb 2011, 01:49 pm »
Agreed on Troy.  Go figure.

The talking head media types believe that Troy is the reason why the Steelers are in the Superbowl this year and his being out most of last season caused them not to make the playoffs.  As a Steelers Fan I think he is a terrific player when he is 100% healthy but like Bob Sanders of the Colts he cannot seem to stay healthy for an entire season. 

I don't know whom I would have selected as defensive player of the year.  From the Steelers it would have been James Harrison but no way the media would select him due to the fines!  Anyway, I think it has to be a player that is a media darling and Troy is certainly one of those!

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #811 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:23 pm »
Yep, think you nailed it.  Palomalu IS awesome as is Harrison but I couldn't even consider him BECAUSE of his head hits.  Think Matthews shoulda gotten it.  Oh, well.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #812 on: 1 Feb 2011, 05:43 pm »
Skip Bayless on ESPN's First Take went bazooka NUTS on Rob Brown this morning for suggesting that Rodgers was in the same league as Rothlisberger.  Said Rodgers has done nothing and recounted memorable completions that Ben has made.  Made his point real good.  Said, he (Ben) has the winningest "gene" of any QB in the league.  Boy, this one is getting a lot of free hype already.  Hyper hype from Bayless. 

Anybody see Bill Maher's satirical comparsion the other night of Democrats to the NFL and Republicans to baseball?  Bloody good analogy.  And a hoot!  Hope you did or can.

OzarkTom

« Reply #813 on: 1 Feb 2011, 06:00 pm »
I sure wish the Superbowl was playing today while this blizzard blows through. About 10 inches have fallen so far, more on the way.

Bigfish

« Reply #814 on: 2 Feb 2011, 02:08 am »
Yep, think you nailed it.  Palomalu IS awesome as is Harrison but I couldn't even consider him BECAUSE of his head hits.  Think Matthews shoulda gotten it.  Oh, well.

Clay Matthews  has less than 2 full years as a starter under his belt (he was not a starter at the beginning of the 2009 season) and he unbelievable!  I know he lost AP Player of the year to Troy but I predict he has the chance to win several! 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #815 on: 2 Feb 2011, 02:15 am »
If you recall....Paul the Octopus had many correct picks during the soccer World Cup series....sadly....he has passed away. :(

But....for the Super Bowl....we have a new predictor...here's his pick....

Who will get crushed.....  :P

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #816 on: 2 Feb 2011, 04:56 am »
If you recall....Paul the Octopus had many correct picks during the soccer World Cup series....sadly....he has passed away. :(

But....for the Super Bowl....we have a new predictor...here's his pick....

Who will get crushed.....  :P

Well if this prediction comes true, the Pittsburg Steelers won't only get crushed, they'll get eaten too.  :rotflmao:

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #817 on: 2 Feb 2011, 03:11 pm »
Clay Matthews  has less than 2 full years as a starter under his belt (he was not a starter at the beginning of the 2009 season) and he unbelievable!  I know he lost AP Player of the year to Troy but I predict he has the chance to win several!

I agree regarding Matthews.  He is a monster and he had an excellent season.  It's hard to believe he's only been in the league two years.  Troy is one of my favorite players but he did not deserve to win the award this year. 

Regarding Matthews' future chances, it's hard to tell.  Nothing is certain in the NFL because of injuries.  Matthews could take a hit to  the knee or get hurt making a tackle and never play at this level again.  Unlike other sports, football is brutal and you never know. 

Either way, I  don't care about awards, other than the award both teams are going for this weekend!

Cheers,

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #818 on: 2 Feb 2011, 03:16 pm »
Troy is one of my favorite players but he did not deserve to win the award this year.

He won a fanboy driven beauty contest.  Same thing that lands Manning in the Pro Bowl no matter what he does.  In Troy's case, thought, it must be the Polamolecules! :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #819 on: 4 Feb 2011, 01:23 pm »
I'm guilty.  I'm a weenie washer, I know.  But, at the end of the day, I just can't bet against Pittsburg.  They just got too much mettle, tho I'm a little concerned about their mortar, and LeBow is every bit a match for Capers so I'm takin the Steelers. 

Anybody see light welters Lopez vs. Conception on Showtime?  Damn, Lopez has fast hands and quick reflexes.  Very strong hands, too.  Hadn't seen this PR fighter before.  Impressed is what I am.