Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.

nottaway

Re: Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.
« Reply #180 on: 13 Sep 2010, 03:38 pm »
Da%# look at all those MFW cabinets in the background!!!  Wonder what all those would sound like playing WOTW!!!..

[/quote]

skeeter99

« Reply #181 on: 13 Sep 2010, 03:47 pm »
skeeter, you do realize that the pricing on the first page is the kit pricing, right?

Ahh ... missed that part. I hadn't looked at the thread in a while and forgot. I had read that the first time though. Still, good pricing on that stuff!

TONEPUB

« Reply #182 on: 13 Sep 2010, 08:21 pm »
They are not here yet.

Check the first post and you will see that there is plenty coming.

Looking forward to it.  Those are great speakers and I would really like a pair for my niece.  She needs a good starter system, that would be perfect.  thanks!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #183 on: 13 Sep 2010, 08:36 pm »
I just want a pair of Statiks!  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I would really like those cherry ones.  I don't even care about the missing grills or bases.  Of course replacing all of the caps with sonicaps will end up costing me a small fortune but as the kids say nowadays: whatev.

Then again as I think about digging out that filler material I wonder if it might be better to have new cabinets made instead. :scratch:

Either way one can dream. :green:

paw

« Reply #184 on: 15 Sep 2010, 02:52 am »
First of all THANKS to all of you for all the support and good wishes...

Thanks for reading and again sorry for the long post.
Santiago

Santiago
Glad to hear you are weathering the storm but sorry to hear of the job losses. I know from a personal level how hard it is to find a new job even in the US.

I was asking someone just the past weekend about what happened to the Columbia operations. And here I stumble across you on Audio circle. The world gets smaller  everyday. My friend reminded me that you use to build caskets.  :o I had forgotten that fact.

I'd like to ask a couple of off topic questions, if you don't mind

1 - Didn't all of the MWF-15 cabinets come from your factory?
2 - I have a C stock satin black who's finish needs some repair. Can you tell me what type of paint (lacquer, polyureathane, etc.) was used? Any suggestions on repairing fissures, cracks, chips and dulled (slightly scuffed) finish? I figure I could use some fine automotive polish and my random orbital buffer for the dull finish. The paint repair I was less sure of.

Thanks
Aubrey

chronicali

« Reply #185 on: 16 Sep 2010, 12:20 am »
So I was wondering, when can we make orders on these? :) Really want one of those X-Omni Mascarey Rosa Diamante...

johnzm

« Reply #186 on: 16 Sep 2010, 01:25 am »
i have a feeling, that unlike av123, Danny would not take the chance to sell items that might take months to get through customs. 

give it time, and things will work out for everyone.

Danny Richie

« Reply #187 on: 16 Sep 2010, 02:32 am »
Danny would not take the chance to sell items that might take months to get through customs.

I won't even charge the customers CC until it is shipping.

sch

« Reply #188 on: 16 Sep 2010, 04:22 pm »
Santiago
Glad to hear you are weathering the storm but sorry to hear of the job losses. I know from a personal level how hard it is to find a new job even in the US.

I was asking someone just the past weekend about what happened to the Columbia operations. And here I stumble across you on Audio circle. The world gets smaller  everyday. My friend reminded me that you use to build caskets.  :o I had forgotten that fact.

I'd like to ask a couple of off topic questions, if you don't mind

1 - Didn't all of the MWF-15 cabinets come from your factory?
2 - I have a C stock satin black who's finish needs some repair. Can you tell me what type of paint (lacquer, polyureathane, etc.) was used? Any suggestions on repairing fissures, cracks, chips and dulled (slightly scuffed) finish? I figure I could use some fine automotive polish and my random orbital buffer for the dull finish. The paint repair I was less sure of.

Thanks
Aubrey

Hello Aubrey and thanks for your words. :)
On the "casket business", no, we didn't, what we did was to use a casket factory that closed to start making cabinets. Some ghosts appeared here and there, mostly inside our palisander veneer and made the veneer to crack.  :green:
Now, on your questions:
1.- No, as far as I remember some Palosanto/Palisander MFW-15s were made in China.
2.- We used Acid Catalyzed lacquer, semi matte. Sorry to let you know that repairs are not easy to do. :(
Unless you can live with the fact that any repair will be noticeable. When we had cracks or chips the only way to repair until reaching "A" quality stage was to sand the cabinet and start the process all over again.

Good luck!!! :)
Santiago

chronicali

« Reply #189 on: 16 Sep 2010, 04:56 pm »

I won't even charge the customers CC until it is shipping.

I'm guessing you don't yet have prices on complete units yet, right?  Or maybe just waiting until they are at least enroute to the States. :)

starkiller

« Reply #190 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:42 pm »
Chronicali

You need to read the complete thread :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #191 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:47 pm »
I'm guessing you don't yet have prices on complete units yet, right?  Or maybe just waiting until they are at least enroute to the States. :)

I am only receiving parts (woofers, tweeters, crossovers).

chronicali

« Reply #192 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:28 pm »
Chronicali

You need to read the complete thread :)

I am fully aware that he is selling the kits and that the pricing is for the kits, but how about the units from Santiago?  There seems to be a bunch of assembled units for sale as well, unless I am mistaken...

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #193 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:42 pm »
I am fully aware that he is selling the kits and that the pricing is for the kits, but how about the units from Santiago?  There seems to be a bunch of assembled units for sale as well, unless I am mistaken...

...and the answer is...

Santiago and I will need to work out the details. Hang in there.

chronicali

« Reply #194 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:40 pm »
Much thanks, corndog.

Danny Richie

« Reply #195 on: 20 Sep 2010, 03:57 pm »
Man, it is hot out, and I am out there breaking down pallet loads of this stuff and moving it around.

Who wants an MFW-15 woofer for only $79 each? See specs below.

Re                        3.04        Ohms               fs                           15.0        Hz
Le                        2.07        mH                   Mms                      235.2        grams
QM                       6.62                                Mmd                      221.6        grams
QE                        0.34                               Cms                       0.476        mm/N
QT                        0.32                                Rms                      3.356        N*sec/m
Xmax                  13.02        mm                  Vas                       458.9        liters
Pmax                   225        Watts                 SD                         823.7        cm^2
Bl                        14.08        Tm                  VD                        1072.3        cm^3
Coil Diameter       2.50        Inches               EBP                         44.1       
Gap Height           0.375        Inches             Magnet Weight        112        ounces
Efficiency             0.44        %                     Winding Width       1.400        inches
SPL                     88.5        dB 1W-1m

nottaway

« Reply #196 on: 1 Oct 2010, 11:42 pm »
You gonna put them on GR site or take orders through the forum?  Thats $79 shipped right?

BTW thanks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #197 on: 2 Oct 2010, 12:11 am »
You gonna put them on GR site or take orders through the forum?  Thats $79 shipped right?

Both, and shipping is not included.

flapjack

« Reply #198 on: 20 Oct 2010, 08:42 pm »
Anything new to report? Thanks!  :wave:

sandbagger

« Reply #199 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:05 pm »
Danny is probably still recovering from RMAF :lol:

Anything new to report? Thanks!  :wave: