Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.

Savage

Re: Okay, I am about to blow everything else away.
« Reply #120 on: 1 Sep 2010, 06:48 am »
Also Santiago, don't be so apologetic about the B-stocks. A lot of us here appreciate that we could get a sonically equivalent version of the model that still were beautiful, and we were able to save a lot on it. I'll admit it, I'm a b-stock type of guy!

Danny, worked up any pricing yet on the av123 auction's economic incentive plan? Forget cash for clunkers, how 'bout dollars for crossovers?

sch

« Reply #121 on: 1 Sep 2010, 04:13 pm »
Also Santiago, don't be so apologetic about the B-stocks. A lot of us here appreciate that we could get a sonically equivalent version of the model that still were beautiful, and we were able to save a lot on it. I'll admit it, I'm a b-stock type of guy!

Danny, worked up any pricing yet on the av123 auction's economic incentive plan? Forget cash for clunkers, how 'bout dollars for crossovers?

Thanks A LOT for your 3 posts!! :) and let's see what the future brings, I'll be posting shortly some info about we have here almost ready for shipment. I'm sure that this will please the "B-stock type of guys"  :wink:
Thanks again,
Santiago

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #122 on: 1 Sep 2010, 04:56 pm »
I'm with Savage on this one...  Everything I ever bought was B Stock from Santi's group with the exception of the X-Statik's and X-Voce.  All items I received were barely noticable as b-stock.  Frankly I can say honestly that if I received most of those items as a stock I wouldn't have thought anything about them negative and probably not notice the "flaw". 

Count me in as a B stock guy...   (especially Moho!!!)

Robert

Thanks A LOT for your 3 posts!! :) and let's see what the future brings, I'll be posting shortly some info about we have here almost ready for shipment. I'm sure that this will please the "B-stock type of guys"  :wink:
Thanks again,
Santiago

freerider

« Reply #123 on: 1 Sep 2010, 05:13 pm »
Speaking of B-stock stuff.  This is a good time to ask about Palisander cracks.

Is there a furniture polish or something similar, that can be used to minimize the long term affects of the cracking Palisander veneers? My MFW-15 got worse over time, and I'd like to prevent that (if possible) from happening to my Pali LS6s.

loc4me

« Reply #124 on: 1 Sep 2010, 05:23 pm »
Speaking of B-stock stuff.  This is a good time to ask about Palisander cracks.

Is there a furniture polish or something similar, that can be used to minimize the long term affects of the cracking Palisander veneers? My MFW-15 got worse over time, and I'd like to prevent that (if possible) from happening to my Pali LS6s.

I'd be interested to know if there is anything to mitigate the cracking and fissures . I have lots of pali speakers as I love that finish but they all have veneer issues. My two pair of LS6s are diamond which helped to seal the finish. I dont think they should develop any issues over time.

flapjack

« Reply #125 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:04 pm »
I can provide veneered flat packs as well! :thumb:

Ruben, is it possible for you to create a satin black finish that is similar to AV123?

I have satin black x-omnis/x-voce. I thought about picking up some x-series encore's and would like the finish to be the same.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #126 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:33 pm »
Ruben, is it possible for you to create a satin black finish that is similar to AV123?

I have satin black x-omnis/x-voce. I thought about picking up some x-series encore's and would like the finish to be the same.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi flapjack,

Yes, Sir! I can make you a pair in Satin Black.

I'm currently in the process of preparing some very nice, but lower cost finish and design options to help move this stuff. :thumb:

Ruben

flapjack

« Reply #127 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:43 pm »
Thanks for your response. I will eagerly await your evil plans. 8)  :thumb:

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #128 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:52 pm »
Thanks for your response. I will eagerly await your evil plans. 8)  :thumb:

:icon_twisted:

Of course, if you want them built to match the style of your other X speakers, I can do that too.

Thanks,

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #129 on: 1 Sep 2010, 08:59 pm »
Thanks again,
Santiago

Hey Santi,

Check your PM's. :)

Ruben

cbc

« Reply #130 on: 1 Sep 2010, 09:37 pm »
Hi flapjack,

Yes, Sir! I can make you a pair in Satin Black.

I'm currently in the process of preparing some very nice, but lower cost finish and design options to help move this stuff. :thumb:

Ruben

looking forward to the details. I've always wanted a pair of x-omnis.... :P

sch

« Reply #131 on: 1 Sep 2010, 09:38 pm »
Hello, this is the info about what we have around here and their condition:
I'll use the following "conventions" about their condition regarding the base and grill availability.
Almost all of them are "A" type but we will be offering them through Danny as "B" type. The defects in some of them are really minor. Anyways our idea is for Danny to inspect them upon their arrival to make sure that our info is correct.

C: Complete
WB/NG: With Base/No Grill
NB/WG: No Base/With Grill
NB/NG: No Base and No Grill
Important: Prices will be posted later this week by Danny but for now I want you guys to know what is available. I'll post pictures tomorrow. These still are in Colombia and I guess that getting them to Danny's will take between 3-4 weeks.

X-OMNI:
Finish: Mascarey Rosa Satin. Qty: 2 Pairs. WB/NG
Finish: Mascarey Rosa Satin. Qty: 8 Pairs. NB/NG
Finish: Mascarey Rosa Satin. Qty:  9 Pairs. C

Finish: Moho Rosa Diamante. Qty: 2 Pairs. NB/WG
Finish: Moho Rosa Diamante. Qty: 3 Pairs. C

Finish: Mascarey Rosa Diamante. Qty: 3 Pairs. C

Finish: Negro Diamante. Qty: 1 Pair. C

I have to run now to the girls' school so tomorrow I'll complete the info regarding the X-Statiks and X-Voces that we have available, sorry!!. For now I have only time to let you know that we have 17 pairs of X-Statiks (Cherry, Moho and Black Satin) and 58 X-Voces in different flavors of Moho, Black Satin and Negro Diamante.

Thanks!!!
:)
Santiago

skeeter99

« Reply #132 on: 1 Sep 2010, 11:28 pm »
Santi, check your PM's :)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #133 on: 2 Sep 2010, 12:11 am »
Santiago, Please check you PM's.

Scott

aharami

« Reply #134 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:29 am »
I'm new to the audio world, so I apologize if this question is too noobish.  What is that red veneer av123 used to use?  Is that the palisander stuff we're talking about here?  If so, where can I get some of that?  Or what other veneer +  stain do I have to use to replicate that look?

devste

« Reply #135 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:36 am »
I'm pretty sure, the finish you are talking about is the rosewood.  Not sure where you can get some though.  I'm sure someone from AC will chime in if they know though.  Good luck.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #136 on: 2 Sep 2010, 11:29 am »
I think palisander is a kind of rosewood:  santos rosewood.  There are quite a few different types of rosewood and  a lot of places you can purchase veneer.  Just google "veneer".  Here is a place:http://www.veneersupplies.com/categories/Veneer/Wood__Veneer__P__-__Z/Rosewood__(Brazilian)/ 
You might have to stain to get the red color...

mms3

« Reply #137 on: 2 Sep 2010, 02:30 pm »
Danny (or anyone else who might know),

Is it possible to use the OB5 woofer/tweeter/crossover in an x-voce cabinet?  If so, it might make a good center channel for OB5/OB7/LS6/LS9 owners.

I guess the potential issues would be the woofer/tweeter cutouts not matching up, and the volume of the sealed sections.

Danny Richie

« Reply #138 on: 2 Sep 2010, 02:50 pm »
Danny (or anyone else who might know),

Is it possible to use the OB5 woofer/tweeter/crossover in an x-voce cabinet?  If so, it might make a good center channel for OB5/OB7/LS6/LS9 owners.

I guess the potential issues would be the woofer/tweeter cutouts not matching up, and the volume of the sealed sections.

It won't fit and it would require a completely different network.

mms3

« Reply #139 on: 2 Sep 2010, 02:58 pm »
It won't fit and it would require a completely different network.

Fair enough.  I always shake my head when I see other people come up with ideas like these.  And then I went and did it myself. :duh:  Danny knows best  :thumb: