Sneak Peak!!!!!! VMPS Cabinets by MLS

John Casler

« on: 25 Feb 2004, 03:55 am »
Hi All,

I am very excited right now. :hyper:

Mark just e-mailed me some photos of the cabinets he is building for Brian and if the pictures are any indication of what these will look like in person, they are STUNNING!!!!

I think the pics will be posted here soon and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

I had sold my RM40s to make way for these and I selected the African Ebony (yeah those) and I actually can't wait to get these in my system.

So I think Mark will shortly post the shots and I hope you like them as much as I do (or can from just seeing pictures) :mrgreen:

This is gonna change things  

Great Job Mark!!! :beer:

ekovalsky

« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2004, 04:09 am »
You're a tease!  Let's see some pics!

:tempted:

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2004, 04:15 am »
Quote from: ekovalsky
You're a tease!  Let's see some pics!

:tempted:

Just e-mailed Mark to "post away".

My excitement after seeing these is hard to contain (probably because I "REALLY" like the African Ebony)

If B likes it as much as I do, we might have to make it the Finish for the "Brian Cheney Signature Edition" RM40. (but that is just my vote)

Brian ask me if he "had" to sign each one and I told him "yes".

He then ask if he had to use his real name :lol:

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:21 am »
Bada-Bing :o  :lol:  :o  :o

Anyone for an African Ebony 626R?

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:29 am »
Or  more

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:30 am »
That's not all:  A chorus of RM40s!!! :D

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:34 am »
RM40 Cocoons???

ekovalsky

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:43 am »
I'll take a pair of RM/X in the African Ebony  :lol:

sunshinedawg

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:46 am »
Drool    Drool   Drool and more drool

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
mls
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:48 am »
RM 40 as processed by the Eight-Legged Freaks!! (Actually, final "color sanding" before application of clearcoat).

Note the back to front taper on the 626--I encouraged MLS to do this just for the halibut and is it quite lovely...

With finishes like that, who needs speakers inside?

Mark says these go on the boat Saturday and should arrive in El Sobrante in a month.

grub

« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:55 am »
Beautiful...these are finished to a completely different level than the "old" cabinets.

You guys teaming up was a huge step ; )
-->grub

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 25 Feb 2004, 05:56 am »
Will all the cabs for those particular models be MS produced or will it be an option?  That's some mighty fine woodwork!

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
Thanks for your comments here folks...
« Reply #12 on: 25 Feb 2004, 06:08 am »
... appreciate all the kindness and nice thoughts here.

As I wrote to the guys... these are no where CLOSE to what the finished product will look like.

These all need several more passes at the "finish wheels"... and a good amount of hand sanding... and then they head over for our "polishing stage"...

I have to tell you all a little secret... I want RM 40's in African Ebony also... Our VMPS team over here are all so excited about this...

Brian --- you need to chat more with me about (more) cross sectional bracing (and let me tell you folks... these guys are TIGHT)... I have some good ideas here...

I'm so pleased and proud to be a part of all of this... VERY exciting times... Yesterday we hosted a small group from the U.K. and they were speechless when they saw Brian's stuff going through our processing... It was one time I wish I had the camera close at hand... and this from a company with a history of serious finishing...  :)

More later... lunch time here...

All the best...

mls

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 25 Feb 2004, 07:12 am »
I don't want to get you in trouble, so don't tell me if it's a *Big Secret* or something, Mark, but are you taking over all cab production for said models?  I'm really hoping you can say yes.  I realize the cabs in the pics aren't even finished but they're already heart stoppingly gorgeous!  I'd love to be able to get a pair of 626R's in those lovely cabs without totally breaking the (piggy) bank!

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2004, 10:26 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I don't want to get you in trouble, so don't tell me if it's a *Big Secret* or something, Mark, but are you taking over all cab production for said models?  I'm really hoping you can say yes.  I realize the cabs in the pics aren't even finished but they're already heart stoppingly gorgeous!  I'd love to be able to get a pair of 626R's in those lovely cabs without totally breaking the (piggy) bank!

Hello Rob...

Lets just leave it this way... I HOPE Brian will give me the opportunity to make ALL of the cabinets... I have built three models so far... and I think we can add a lot of value to other Big B. products also...

We just finished today our rendition of BMW Artic Silver (YES... with 9 coats of Piano Polished lacquer)... UNREAL OFF THE CHARTS... Our "Mercedes Benz Black Lacquer" (big bucks expensive) is also heart stopping...

The new automotive finishes we are doing will make ANYONE turn and look twice... We have Italian paint on the way (can you say Ferrari RED)...

:)

Fun stuff brewing...

All the best Rob...

mls

MaxCast

« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2004, 11:40 am »
We have Italian paint on the way (can you say Ferrari RED)...

Not me, but I bet Jimbo can... :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 25 Feb 2004, 12:45 pm »
I'm sure no one cares about the likes of someone like lil' ol' me- but one thing that's kept me from buying over the last few years since VMPS has crossed my radar is the ho-hum cabs.  There's a lotta nice speakers out there, and the "package" does matter in a field filled with really great speakers.  A lot of them at this price range sound very good, and many more look much better...until now.  Just my $.02 worth...

MaxCast

« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2004, 01:18 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I'm sure no one cares about the likes of someone like lil' ol' me- but one thing that's kept me from buying over the last few years since VMPS has crossed my radar is the ho-hum cabs.  There's a lotta nice speakers out there, and the "package" does matter in a field filled with really great speakers.  A lot of them at this price range sound very good, and many more look much better...until now.  Just my $.02 worth...

"lil' ol' you?  with 2274 posts at .02 cents...looks like you owe someone $45.48.  :lol:

Woodsea

« Reply #18 on: 25 Feb 2004, 01:23 pm »
Those ebony cabinets are looking hot.  Great job so far.

brj

Finish coat?
« Reply #19 on: 25 Feb 2004, 01:25 pm »
I realize that the pictures represent "almost" finished cabinets, but it appears that all of the finishes are high gloss.  Any chance that a satin finish will be available?

(I've seen enough fake plastic wood by now that high gloss finishes are ruined for me... even if I know that a quality wood or laminate is underneath.)

Thanks!