Hard Knocks-Rex Ryan's dirty mouth

lcrim

Hard Knocks-Rex Ryan's dirty mouth
« on: 13 Aug 2010, 10:58 am »
I don't know iif its a guilty pleasure, but I found the initial installment superb television.  Along with Darelle Reavis' holdout, Rex Ryan's F-bomb laced diatribe at the very least, presented a picture of a modern sports team that was a fascinating watch.
I've been a NY Giants fan since childhood and their press coverage at the moment just doesn't exist in the NY metropolitan area.  The old saying that there's no such thing as bad publicity is true in this case.  It remains to be seen whether this translates into more wins for a team that was after all, 9-7 last year, courtesy of several teams, already in the playoffs, rolling over. 
I do expect to watch the succeeding episodes.  Ryan may be profain but he's got a team believing they can run through walls. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Hard Knocks-Rex Ryan's dirty mouth
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2010, 11:42 am »
I've been a NY Giants fan since childhood

me too!!!  I'm stoked for this year...

jermmd

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm »
Mike Francesa Slammed the show and Rex's foul mouth on The Fan yesterday. He thought it was low class and phony. He's pretty down on the Jets right now.

I didn't see the show but it's sure getting a lot of reaction from New Yorkers. I have high hopes for the Jets this year but talk is cheap.

Joe M.

lcrim

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2010, 01:00 pm »
Mike Francesa is the most negative putz on the air today.  Without Fruit Loops (Mad Dog), that show is a tough listen. 
Francesa interviewing Ryan, unexpurgated, would be interesting however.

lcrim

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2010, 01:16 pm »
On the other hand, Francesa's support of Reavis does go against the main stream fan (or FAN) attitude.
On the TV show, Rex got a two year extension and so did the GM, I believe.  Leon Washington busts his leg and gets traded.  The Jets, in the very words of their coach, call Darelle Reavis, the best player in the league.  They promise after last season to take care of him and when he says pay me like I'm the best, Jets ownership and management act like they're being held up.  Its created an ugly scene and was being played out in the media.

jermmd

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2010, 01:48 pm »
I love Mike Duff [Francesa] but I understand those who don't like his superior attitude. Regardless of your opinion, he really knows his stuff. He says the Jets have no chance without Reavis.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2010, 03:34 pm by jermmd »

lcrim

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2010, 02:05 pm »
I don't know Mike Duff.
The Jets were only a little better than a .500 club last year.  They traded away their starting running back, Thomas Jones, about 1500 yards to lead them and they led the league in rushing.  They traded away a starting guard, Alan Faneca.  They traded away their home run back, Leon Washington. 
Reavis is the best cornerback I've ever seen.  Without him they can't attack opposing offenses.  Without Reavis, they are a different team.
The TV show is still a good watch.  Rex Ryan is an interesting character and watching him is a little like watching a car crash, you can't take your eyes off it even though you know its gonna be ugly.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2010, 02:10 pm »
I love Rex's cocky attitude.  I listened to him and I want to go put on some pads and hit somebody.  As the Op said, he makes a team believe they can kick anybody's butt anytime and anywhere.  What I love is Rex also says it right to your face.  You're good, you're at home but we're better and we're coming in your house and we're gonna kick your a$%.  Half of winning is confidence.

boomer68

« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2010, 02:09 pm »
rex can run his mouth all he wants but most of the nfl knows the super bowl runs thru indy this year
as they have back some key injured guys to if i say improve from last year

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2010, 04:10 pm »

Heck, I'm an ex semi truck driver, I don't have a problem with any profanity except the one where you take the Lord's name in vain. :nono: That one makes me cringe everytime someone uses it. From the same mouth that asks for things in prayer comes cursing the Lord.It really is just vanity.
  I'll be rooting for the Bears and also the 49er's as I really like the man Mike Singletary as a man to emulate on and off the field.

Bill
Morningstar Audio

Kinger

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2010, 04:22 pm »
I'm a fan of the series no matter what team they are featuring for the year.  Just enjoy seeing the "behind the scenes" look at what the franchises and players do to get themselves ready for the season.