Best subwoofer deal ever!

Danny Richie

Re: Best subwoofer deal ever!
« Reply #140 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:37 pm »
ah ok.  but the transform circuit will be bypassed with a LFE input, right?  My receiver (Onkyo TX-SR876) only has a LFE out for subwoofer.  Since this setup will be mostly used for a home theater, should I go with a ported enclosure then, in order to get output in the 20's?

If you are looking for great sound in a small box then the sealed box with SA-1 amp is the way to go. It is also really low cost and easy to build.

For the most output build a 2.6 cubic foot ported box (yes the ports get huge) and one of the amps from Apex Jr. It's the Apex Sr. Then give it the bass boost mod: R-26 is a 18K resistor by changing to a 47K you'll get a corner freq of 18Hz with a 2Db boost at 21-22Hz.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #141 on: 6 Sep 2011, 01:00 pm »
Hi Danny,

I've started a group buy in an India centric forum on your mini monitors AV123 X-LS. A couple of members including me are also interested in this deal as shipping would be cheaper for ocean freight. Are these kits still available? :scratch:

Regards

Rajesh

Danny Richie

« Reply #142 on: 6 Sep 2011, 04:04 pm »
Hi Danny,

I've started a group buy in an India centric forum on your mini monitors AV123 X-LS. A couple of members including me are also interested in this deal as shipping would be cheaper for ocean freight. Are these kits still available? :scratch:

Regards

Rajesh

I am no longer running the special on the SA-1 amp and SW-12B woofer.

I do have them in stock though.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #143 on: 3 Jul 2012, 06:29 am »
Here is a deal that you just can't beat.

I am bundling our SW-12B woofer:

Specs and info are here: http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=131

And our new SA-1 amp:

See amp info here: http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=156

You can't get better sound than this near this price point. In only a 1.2 cubic foot sealed box, and using this amp, and you will get a -3db down point in the mid 20's.

A few of us have ordered this kit and awaiting delivery. Has any box plan been made?

You know, a slightly smaller version of our "sand box" design would be awesome for this thing.

See sand box build thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=53675.0

If the same box plan can be used, could you kindly mention the exact dimensions?

Danny Richie

« Reply #144 on: 3 Jul 2012, 02:17 pm »
With that combo you can make the shape of the cabinet pretty much any way you want so long as it is between 1.5 and 1.2 cubic feet sealed. And the more solid and well braced you make it the better it will sound.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #145 on: 3 Jul 2012, 04:46 pm »
That is quite a bit of leverage. Will figure the dimensions out. :roll:

With that combo you can make the shape of the cabinet pretty much any way you want so long as it is between 1.5 and 1.2 cubic feet sealed.

Danny Richie

« Reply #146 on: 3 Jul 2012, 04:50 pm »
That is quite a bit of leverage. Will figure the dimensions out. :roll:

Typically I recommend 1.2 cubic feet sealed, but that amp is not a lot of power so the woofer can be in a slightly larger cabinet.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #147 on: 3 Jul 2012, 05:15 pm »
Typically I recommend 1.2 cubic feet sealed

In that case, what would be the changes in L X W X H of the sand filled sub box plan mentioned here: http://www.gr-research.com/pdf/sandbox.pdf

I'm asking because we are making three boxes for members who are part of India'ws group buy.

Trust me Danny, your words are more valuable than Bible for us noobs.

Danny Richie

« Reply #148 on: 3 Jul 2012, 05:20 pm »
In that case, what would be the changes in L X W X H of the sand filled sub box plan mentioned here: http://www.gr-research.com/pdf/sandbox.pdf

I'm asking because we are making three boxes for members who are part of India'ws group buy.

Trust me Danny, your words are more valuable than Bible for us noobs.

I wouldn't put me in the league of the Bible.

The sand box is 1.5 cubic feet of air space. So you can use that same woofer in it with the SA-1 amp and it will be great. No changes needed.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #149 on: 3 Jul 2012, 05:21 pm »
:o  Now you tell us?   :roll:

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #150 on: 4 Jul 2012, 12:28 am »

Duh, hope I didn't touch a raw nerve. :roll:

:o  Now you tell us?   :roll:
:lol: