Kismet speakers vs Lorelei speakers?

jayeph

Kismet speakers vs Lorelei speakers?
« on: 22 May 2010, 09:06 pm »
I've heard they are similar but could someone explain the differences between these two speakers?

loki1957

Re: Kismet speakers vs Lorelei speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2010, 09:40 pm »
I think the differences are in the xover

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2010, 11:30 pm »
We'll probably never know as Odyssey specs are harder to get than pulling teeth with a toothpick. I remember I had to beg borrow and steal to find out the specs on the Lorelei's before AND after I bought them. Even a 6 Moon review of the Lorelei done shortly after my purchase got the Scan Speak driver wrong. The Reviewer called the tweeter a 7000 Revelator when in actuality it's a 9700, not a Revelator.

Even tho years later, the Odyssey website finally has the Lorelei specs listed, it's hard to say how many years it'll be before Kismet makeup info and specs are finally announced to prospective customers.  :dunno:

For the Lorelei, Scan Speak a 7" 8545 carbon fiber woofer and a 1" 9700 tweeter are used. They like upwards to 150 watts @ 8 ohms. Best bet for Kismet driver info will be if an owner with driver knowledge will come forward but I do believe the X-overs are different cuz the drivers are also different. I would hope they're still Scan-Speak drivers tho.  :dunno:  Klaus hasn't posted since last september so don't hold your breath on that happening anytime soon.  :roll:

I love my 4 Lorelei's too much.  8)

Cheers.
Robin

machinehead

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2010, 09:29 pm »
This info is in other threads.

The Kismets have Alpha core inductors and Mills resistors and different capacitors.

They also have the top of the line Groneberg internal wiring internally.

Lastly they have a platform isolation base.