B-283, Grant Fidelity Tube Buffer

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
B-283, Grant Fidelity Tube Buffer
« on: 30 Jul 2010, 12:05 pm »
I recently picked up a Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer from a fellow AC member. I love the sound tubes bring to music, it just has "that Golden" tonality. There is so much emotion in music and as a musician myself I have found time and time again when recording music that sometimes that emotion does not translate into what you finally hear on playback. The tube buffer does an incredible job of bringing that emotion back into the sound. The music becomes a performance again and the dynamics are once again apparent. When I first came to AC and began to learn about this hobby I immediately wanted to try tubes but the costs involved in that transition held me back- I didn't know Tube Buffers existed.
 This concept of adding a tube buffer into the signal path is fabulous, mine is inserted between my DAC/Pre-amp and my amp (it uses two 6J1 tubes) its a very cost effective way to get all the benefits that tubes have to offer. I can tweak the sound of my system as a whole with a inexpensive change in tubes and a simple swap. If anybody out there is new to this hobby and wants to try the tube sound this is an excellent way to do just that without breaking the bank. :dance:

silver_strings

Re: B-283, Grant Fidelity Tube Buffer
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2010, 04:53 am »
I agree, a more simple solution if you're listening to digtal music is using a tube dac, its a dac with a tube buffer built-in. I've owned a few mhdt and the music hall ones but my favorites by far have been the xindak dac-5 and the tadac.