JC's VMPS Cut or Cuts of the Day

John Casler

Best $$ spent on music in 20 years. . .yes really
« Reply #120 on: 17 Jul 2012, 07:52 pm »
OK, I have posted some bits about this Bluray recently since I saw a CUT with CHARICE played at THE Show in Newport.

I was taken by the cut played so much (As I posted the room got my Best of Show opine) that I had to order the Bluray to hear it on my system.

It is called HIT MAN DAVID FOSTER and FRIENDS.

I looked over the cuts before purchasing and thought well it should certainly be "worth it" (4 less than $20)

As you can see from the title, it was not only "worth it" it is the best music buying decision I have made in 20 years.

On this Bluray was not only Charice, but Andrea Boccelli, Katherine MePhee, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, BabyFace, Brian McKnight, Celine Dion, Boz Scaggs, Cheryl Lynn, Blake Shelton, Chaka Khan, and a few more.

I mean this Bluray is an INCREDIBLE, collection of HITS and talent!  I am blown away.

Buble and Shelton CLICK

Bocelli and McPhee CLICK

And in case you missed it . . CHARICE Click

If you have a multichannel Bluray system, this is a MUST HAVE!!!
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2012, 05:14 pm by John Casler »

John Casler

Re: JC's VMPS Cut or Cuts of the Day
« Reply #121 on: 26 Sep 2012, 09:37 pm »
After a long Silence, here is another Reference Cut for those of you who like BIG BAND sound.

This cut has been on my Reference Disc for several years, but I just didn't know who it was.  Now days, if you have the right iPHONE app you can play a few bars and "bingo"  :thumb: it tells you all the info.

Well here it is:

CUT: Sing, Sang, Sung

ARTIST: Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band

ALBUM: Swingin' for the Fences

Click HERE to HEAR

mjmessina

« Reply #122 on: 29 Sep 2012, 12:44 am »
Here's on for you John:
       Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

Each song offers something different.
Can't wait to listen when I get new VMPS speakers.  Still sounds great on the tower IIs.

rbbert

« Reply #123 on: 29 Sep 2012, 12:49 am »
I think both of those 2 albums are available as DVD-A (I know I have Stupid Dream on DVD-A, and 2 Big Phat Band DVD-A's).

John Casler

« Reply #124 on: 29 Sep 2012, 01:36 am »
Here's on for you John:

Can't wait to listen when I get new VMPS speakers.  Still sounds great on the tower IIs.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the new group.  I haven't heard Porcupine Tree before.  I went to You Tube and found a couple cuts from that album.

Sounds like "my style" and I agree it will sound GREAT on a VMPS based system.

HERE is the cut I found

rbbert

« Reply #125 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:06 am »
Here's on for you John:

Even Less is possibly my favorite PT song.

John Casler

« Reply #126 on: 29 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm »
Even Less is possibly my favorite PT song.

This looks like it.

Hit PLAY

John Casler

« Reply #127 on: 24 Nov 2012, 02:47 am »
This young lady also has a BRIGHT FUTURE in the Music Business if she makes the right Choices

Macy Kate- Piano In The Dark Remake ( Brenda Russell/ Flo Rida)

CLICK HERE for Youtube

Housteau

« Reply #128 on: 26 Nov 2012, 12:18 am »
Porcupine Tree is one of my favorites.  They (Steve Wilson), although quite young is of the old prog school of rock.  The sounds can be hard driven to melodic.  Steve Wilson has also been out spoken on the increasingly predominant trend to over compress the music we listen to at the mastering phase.  He is the man behind the recent 24/96 remasters of the King Crimson series, as well as others.

John Casler

« Reply #129 on: 28 Dec 2012, 02:54 am »
OK, OK, OK,

While I might just be in the emotion of the moment, I might nominate this VIDEO TRIBUTE of STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN as in the TOP TEN Rock Videos of ALL TIME.

This was Dec 3 at the Kennedy Center honoring some exceptional artists including LED ZEPPELIN.

The three you see in the video are Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Page, with John Bonham being the deceased Drummer.

Folks this is one of the most incredible moments in ROCK and ROLL History.

Watch what performers START the Performance and how many finish at it's crescendo. 

HEART (the Wilson Sisters) joined by Jason Bonham (drummer) John Bonham's son, made this exceptionally SPecial.

Turn It UP!!!  CLICK HERE and ENJOY

JoshK

« Reply #130 on: 28 Dec 2012, 03:37 am »
Here's on for you John:

Love this album!!!  :thumb:

PMAT

« Reply #131 on: 28 Dec 2012, 04:04 am »
Gotta love having Jason Bonham banging like his dad. Nice! I recently saw Jason's own Led Zepplin tribute band locally and it was AWESOME! If you got goosebumps watching this video then go see Jason. It will give you chills for a week.

figcon

« Reply #132 on: 29 Dec 2012, 09:00 pm »
John....You are so right about the STH tribute. Absolutely great and from the looks of it, Robert, Jimmy and John loved it too. You could see they were touched.

JDoyle

« Reply #133 on: 31 Dec 2012, 02:21 am »
OK, OK, OK,

While I might just be in the emotion of the moment, I might nominate this VIDEO TRIBUTE of STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN as in the TOP TEN Rock Videos of ALL TIME.

This was Dec 3 at the Kennedy Center honoring some exceptional artists including LED ZEPPELIN.

The three you see in the video are Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Page, with John Bonham being the deceased Drummer.

Watch what performers START the Performance and how many finish at it's crescendo. 

HEART (the Wilson Sisters) joined by Jason Bonham (drummer) John Bonham's son, made this exceptionally SPecial.

Wow... WOW!  I was certain I would catch this and didn't set my DVR... and then missed it , only to figure I didn't miss much. 

Besides, how could anyone catch the magic Led Zep and also,  what is arguably the No. 1 rock anthem of all time? 

Holy Crap! Heart almost matched it! 
Who ever picked THEM to cover THAT tune deserves Major Kudos, for they Nailed it!   

I'll admit  that I (as well as Plant), had a tear to wipe!

Thanks for posting!

~jd

John Casler

« Reply #134 on: 2 Jan 2013, 07:16 am »
OK, OK, OK,

I "HIGHLY" recommend this complete version of the KENNEDY Honor.

CLICK HERE

Check out the Celebs Rocking out, the POTUS, YoYo Ma, Jimmy Kimmel, etc.

John Casler

« Reply #135 on: 7 Feb 2013, 11:39 pm »
Just running thru my HD for great cuts and came across this one.

If you don't have it. . .GET IT!!!

It is the Imortal Louis Armstrong and unbelievable Ella Fitzgerald doing SummerTime

HERE IS THE YOUTUBE

Even on your computer it should be UNREAL

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #136 on: 8 Feb 2013, 10:09 am »
Good pick John... :thumb:

I'm sure you've heard this....another Louis classic...."St. James Infirmary" ...love his laugh and his trumpet... :beer:

John Casler

« Reply #137 on: 15 Jan 2014, 11:29 pm »
Been a while, but GREAT AUDIO is better late than never, just like all good things in the World.

I am becoming a fan of DAFT PUNK.  Boy are they versatile.

I have their new album in HiREZ and it is smokin.

So here goes:

Group: DAFT PUNK

Album: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY

Cut:  Giorgio By Moroder

Here is the YouTube version CLICK HERE

Hemy

« Reply #138 on: 16 Jan 2014, 03:27 pm »
If you have never heard of Gary Hoey ,you should. I suggest the best of Gary Hoey and Ho Ho Hoey (Christmas dbl albumn). Everything he has is super clean and very spacious in sound. On the best of he covers many Classic rock songs so it should be enjoyable for many people....ENJOY!

John Casler

« Reply #139 on: 22 Jan 2014, 01:11 am »
This cut was just brought to my attention and I have to admit you might LOVE IT or HATE IT.

Since I am a HUGE Andrew Lloyd Weber fan and Like the Phantom of the Opera, this hits me just fine and if you turn this up on a good system it should raise your pulse a bit.

I suppose the reason I have not heard this before is I am not a big Heavy Metal fan, but this works for me.

Artist: NightWish

Album: End of an Era

Cut: The Phantom of the Opera

Youtube video:  Click HERE