Napua Davoy to cut live album at VMPS/Atmasphere THE SHOW exhibit Jan 6-9 2011

Housteau

It is also across from the Lunch Area which seems to have pretty good traffic.

If I am not mistaken Red Rock VI and VII were the Market Place last year, and Red Rock VIII actually was the lunch area last year.  That was where the food was all lined up and a few tables on the side.  If we have RR VIII, then either the Market Place will be smaller, or the lunch will be moved to one of the other rooms, possibly across from ours.  That is my quess anyway. 

John Casler

If I am not mistaken Red Rock VI and VII were the Market Place last year, and Red Rock VIII actually was the lunch area last year.  That was where the food was all lined up and a few tables on the side.  If we have RR VIII, then either the Market Place will be smaller, or the lunch will be moved to one of the other rooms, possibly across from ours.  That is my quess anyway.

Dave you do know your Red Rocks :lol: :lol:

Yes, this year Lunch will be served in Red Rock 4 across from us.

Although I am not sure how many "civilians" will eat there.  I didn't pay particular attention to see the ratio of  attendees who ate there along with the trade.

I assume it is for both.

John Casler

Brian forwarded this YouTube of Napua demonstrating her prowess on the keyboard.

She certainly is a multi-talent.  Here is Napua playing the overture to her show Stella Rising

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
Napua is anxious to hear ACer's reactions to her work, so post them here.

Housteau

I found it to be a real pleasure meeting and being able to record her last year.  There is just so much that can be said for being around someone like her that has so much talent.  She has the kind presence that can set a room alive, a true performance artist.  If that isn't enough, consider that she writes all of her own music and lyrics.  And if the band members she is performing with are not familiar with her material, as what happened last January, just give her a few blank sheets of paper and she will write it all out for their particular instruments in about 20 minutes.

Things were a bit thrown together last time as having her stop by to perform was completely unexpected.  Even so I think that the recordings turned out pretty good considering.  However, the potential for this next time around is so much greater now that some preplanning has be done.  I look forward to this coming January and just hope my work allows me the time to take part once again.

doug s.

• makin' music
Napua is anxious to hear ACer's reactions to her work, so post them here.
awesome!  and, the wideo is nice - it seems napua really enjoys playing...

doug s.

Brian Cheney

Thanks doug.  Anyone else?

Link to the video is in John Casler's post above.

John Casler

For those coming to Vegas, this is Napua's new album

John Casler

And here is another picture of the lovely and talented Ms Davoy:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
BJ,

If you cut your own debut album at CES, I'll buy a dozen. :D

Brian Cheney

There are four Napua Davoy albums in print, including the latest "High Standards".  They are:

"All I Want"  (2009)

"Lush Life"  (2006)

"Until We Meet Again" (2001)

and the new
"High Standards" (2010)

All four can be ordered through me at a special price for ACer's of $10ea plus $1.98 shipping.  Credit card orders are fine, just call 510-222-4276 or email to
vmpsaudio@AOL.com

All feature Napua either solo or with her trio.  Wonderful stuff, highly recommended.  They will also be on sale in our CES booth at the Flamingo Hotel (THE SHOW), Red Rock VIII ballroom, for the same price.

mjosef

I will probably pick up a couple at The Show.
I checked out that Utube video...can't say I was blown away and/or moved to tears.
I will have to hear her at the live demo to hear/feel whats what.

Hipper

This could be a major disaster in the making -- does the San Andreas fault extend as far east as Vegas???

This sounds like a good test for a live recording.

John Casler

BJ,

If you cut your own debut album at CES, I'll buy a dozen. :D

Thanks your Hughness, but my recording days are over.  My recording stint was limited to a backstage sing along with the Beach Boys where if I didn't sing too loud you couldn't hear how bad I was.  Except for some of the Baritone "I'm thinkin bout GOOD VIBRATIONS", (which virtually anyone can sing) I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket or a backpack. :nono:

John Casler

The SYSTEM is beginning to take Shape
« Reply #34 on: 3 Dec 2010, 11:29 pm »
Hi All,

Well it is starting to get close and the SYSTEM for THE Show is beginning to take shape.

Here are some of the projected components (which may change as we get closer)

Digital Source Player: ModWright modded Sony 5400 CD player

Microphones: M Audio tube condenser

Digital Recorders: Alesis Masterlink Hi rez and Korg DSD

Preamp: Atmasphere MP 3 3.1 tube preamp

Mid and Treble amp: Atmasphere MA 2 220W tube monoblocks

Bass amp: TBA

Wires and cable: The System will be wired by Wywires

Additional Playback Source CD/SACD: Modwright modded Sony ES 5400

Speakers: VMPS RM50 OMG w/TC Sounds woofers/PR's & Bybee filters, $14,500pr

Also announcing: Bybee Labs will co exhibit and show their new nanotube quantum resistor noise filters on the RM50, plus amps modified with their DC noise filter PS mod

I hope most of you noticed that the RM50 Biopole Array will have the OMG (TC SOUNDS) Woofers (and maybe TC Passive Radiators as they are being tested shortly in the RM50's and Subs) :o :o :o

So at this point we have in the room:

1) VMPS Speakers

2) Atmasphere Preamp and Amps

3) Wywires Cables and wyres

4) BYBEE devices

5) M-Audio Tube Condenser Mike

6) Alesis MasterLink ML-9600 two-track hard disc recorder

7) Korg MR-1000

« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2010, 11:57 pm by John Casler »

wywires

I'm very honored to have been asked to provide the cables. Looking forward to seeing you at THE Show. BTW, Brian is finishing up my African Ebony RM-30's so they should arrive here in LA next week.

Alex

Brian Cheney

Alex, we wouldn't have invited you if I didn't think your product was the best!

wywires

Brian, I still have fond recollections of my first high end speaker, the VMPS Tower II later upgraded to the "R" version. An audiophile friend talked me into selling them and buying a pair of Snell Type C's and then many other Stereophile "approved" boxes. (Actually, I gave the Tower II's to a friend who still has them and is adamant that they sound way better than the Snells) Over the last 20 years though, the Tower II's are still the most memorable. I'm really looking forward to sampling your latest work!

wywires

I took delivery of my new RM-30C's in Ebony one week ago exactly and spent the first 4 days tweaking and adjusting and getting used to the sound. These speakers do sound different from what I'm used to since I am so accustomed to dome tweeters especially the Scanspeak 9xxx series and the Accutons.

Now I think I have them dialed in by restoring Brian's settings at 12:00 for the mids and 1:30 on the tweets and replacing most of the putty that I removed from the passive radiators. A big change occurred when I removed the factory jumpers from the binding posts and installed a set of my bi-wire speaker cables.

Now I'm getting at least the same detail and articulation as with my other speakers while at the same time I'm experiencing no downsides. The remarkable thing is that while the resolution is there in spades, it comes through very naturally with little or no unpleasant artifacts that invariably occur in many systems of high resolution. Overall, the sound is very smooth, involving, dynamic with plenty of air and of course a huge, well defined soundstage.

I'm really enjoying the RM-30's dynamic capabilities as well as the very natural and real sounding presentation of all instruments and voices. A particular strength of the RM-30 is the presentation of drums and cymbals. I have a good friend who happens to be a professional drummer/percussionist so I'm very familiar what a drumkit being played with gusto sounds like.  I'm listening with the CDWG's on and I find that image specificity is spot on as is the tonal balance no matter where you are in the room. Amazing!

The RM-30 is a great speaker at a very reasonable price that I would recommend to anyone without hesitation.

Even my wife likes they way they look.

Occam

I had the pleasure of meeting Napua on Thursday at a friends in Manhattan. We sat around and listened to a couple of her recordings, as well as her singing along, which was a hoot, and her singing some solo, unaccompanied. There is nothing like a real performance, although the imaging was 'better' in the recordings,  :lol:

It was a wonderful experience!