Crossover assembly 101

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Crossover assembly 101
« Reply #260 on: 1 Jan 2021, 04:40 pm »
Does anyone have any insight into specifically the Klipsch rp-504c crossover upgrade? I am a newbie at DIYing speakers so would appreciate any help. Is there anything that I need to know with this speaker such as reverse polarity tweater? I also am not sure which ends end up going to which speaker seeing as how it's a 2.5 way speaker design. Thanks in advance for any help.

The upgrade kit that we offer will answer all of those questions.

Lebo

« Reply #261 on: 3 Jan 2021, 06:48 pm »
Hi.  This is a first time practice layout for a Encore X-CS.  Does this looks correct?  I noticed in one section of the X-LS crossover video that Danny bundled the resistor, Sonicap, and mills capacitor all together.  Could I do that to tighten things up or are there only specific situations when that is OK?  Thanks.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #262 on: 3 Jan 2021, 09:29 pm »
Hi.  This is a first time practice layout for a Encore X-CS.  Does this looks correct?  I noticed in one section of the X-LS crossover video that Danny bundled the resistor, Sonicap, and mills capacitor all together.  Could I do that to tighten things up or are there only specific situations when that is OK?  Thanks.

What you have is correct. So long as you keep the inductors facing opposite directions then you can move everything else around as you need to.

Lebo

« Reply #263 on: 4 Jan 2021, 02:21 pm »
Thanks Danny.

Lebo

« Reply #264 on: 5 Jan 2021, 04:18 am »
Here is an Encore X-CS crossover for reference if anyone needs one.  I checked with Danny before I wired it up so it should be good.  It is my first attempt and I have another to wire up so if anyone sees any problems with this one

please let me know.