Crossover assembly 101

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Crossover assembly 101
« Reply #240 on: 21 Sep 2020, 12:32 pm »
First of all, if you are going to post pictures please hide or conceal the values used.

Danny, a friend of mine who knows a lot more about building circuits than I do had the following comments. Could you please comment and confirm whether I need to address any of his comments. (1) Resistors get hot...so not a good idea to have them next to to the caps. Recommend you keep them off the board for airflow and away from other components and not have them held by zip ties, he is thinking they may generate 5W or so

They won't get hot enough to hurt anything.

(2) To use sandpaper and strip the ends of the inductor till the copper shows. Thanks. (BTW, hearing you comment about how the bypass caps take things to the next level. I did go ahead and order them. Being a novice took me a while to find them on the web at sonic craft and order them.

We stock them and can add them in to your order.

Recommend you adding them as another orderable option on your site.) Given all the hours I have put into building the kit I am perfectly willing to spend another eighty dollars on the cap if that will take things to another level.) My son and I can't wait to complete the project.

We'll have that option up on the new website.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Crossover assembly 101
« Reply #241 on: 21 Sep 2020, 10:39 pm »
Danny,
You may want to make a sticky post regarding posting crossover pics and part values.