Gone for 2 weeks starting 18 Feb 04

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
For Brian and Rosconey
« Reply #20 on: 26 Mar 2004, 01:14 am »
Brian,

I am sorry that I missed your 18 Feb post.  Wow!  I totally missed this.  My eyes are a little fuzzy, but... I should have caught this one.  Response forthcoming....

Rosconey,  I have tried darn near every pop-up stopper.  My current brew works okay.  I only get about 20 per day.  Most of them pop-up and but are still blank.  I am making progress, but have relegated this issue to one of defeat.  Until I can eliminate Internet Explorer completely (i.e. Linux or Unix), I will never totally eliminate the pop-ups.  For now, I am content with beating a few of the pop up demons.

Dave

ooheadsoo

Gone for 2 weeks starting 18 Feb 04
« Reply #21 on: 26 Mar 2004, 01:32 am »
You should try running both AdAware and Spybot.  These programs will scan for all those pesky worms and other misc junk that can infect IE.

I also complement my IE experience with Mozilla's Firefox browser.  In the past week, I've found it very useful for browsing forums and search pages with the use of the middle mouse button.  It has a built in popup blocker that you can configure.  It only blocks Mozilla windows though, so running adaware and spybot is critical.  

Just FYI, there are some spyware that are missed by one program that the other program does not and vice versa, so getting both is pretty important.