Introducing - Sweet Spot Reveal "Silver" Interconnects!!! DEMO TOUR REQUEST...

Sonny

I am in in San Francisco if they ever make there way west I would love to hear them.
hey, come over and i'll give you a pair to try or we can wait til the demo pair gets to you...
T

Sonny

I'll add you guys to the list.
So the rules are, you have a week to listen to them and your responsibility is to send it off to the next Demoer. 

Please make sure to handle the i/c using the connectors!
They will go out to either Mass Wine Guy or Sam-fi Monday!  :thumb:
Thanks
Tuan

Sonny

Yeah, I'm game too.

Genjamon, you're next...so, Ken just got the cables today, should be ready to send them to you sometimes next week.  Please PM me your address.
Thanks
T

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Tuan,
Please add me to your tour. I'll pm you my information.

Scott

Sonny

Tuan,
Please add me to your tour. I'll pm you my information.

Scott

You're on the list Scott! Thanks!
I'll let you know when they will come your way!
T

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Tuan:

I PM'd you my address.

Thanks,

Randy

Sonny

Got it Randy, thanks!

So, here's the list as it stands:

Mass Wine Guy (has cable since last week)
Genjamon
rklien
morganc
pardales
s clark

If you haven't PM me your address already, please do so.
Thanks
T

Tuan:

I PM'd you my address.

Thanks,

Randy

Sonny

Genjamon,

Mass Wine Guy has shipped the cables to you today, via USPS First Class.

Please let me know that it arrived safely.

Thanks
T

genjamon

Thanks, Tuan.  Looking forward to comparing them to my anti-cables and signal silver cables.

genjamon

Just finished my time with Tuan's cables.  I had been auditioning four sets of anti-cables, two with neutriks and two with Eichmann bullets.  These were in turn substituting for my normal Signal Silver cables between DAC and preamp and between preamp and amp.  Running a MacMini to a Tranquility SE DAC to Ed Schilling's The Truth to a Dayens Ampino into Tekton Lores.

I found the anti-cables more natural than the Signal Silver cables, easily preferable.  I found the anti's with Eichmann bullets preferred over those with Neutriks, just a cleaner sound.  Tuan's cables did not provide as much body to the instrument sounds as the Eichmann anti-cables, but they had a lot more micro-detail without being bright, and much greater three dimensionality.  You really connect in a much deeper emotional sense with the music.  Even on some of my worst recordings, I found they added at least a little three dimensionality to what had previously always just been a flat presentation.  Yeah, I liked them.  Still would like a little more body - for instance in the tapping of an acoustic guitar, more of the guitar body sound.  But these were the best of the bunch overall.  I'll probably be contacting Tuan to purchase at least a pair.  I'd be curious what would happen with two pair for both interconnects in my system.

Sonny

randy,
let me know when you've received the cable...nd pls note the directionality via the arrows.  thx

Tuan:

I PM'd you my address.

Thanks,

Randy

rklein

Hi Tuan:

Received the IC yesterday when I came home from work.  I will be trying them starting tonight.  Please let me know where to send them when I am finished.

Regards,

Randy

Sonny

I am in in San Francisco if they ever make there way west I would love to hear them.

I am in Emeryville and anyways, please PM your address and I'll have Randy send them off to you next.
Thanks
T

rklein

Well, I have had Tuan's cables now for about a week and a half.   My system is as follows:

Nightshade Audio NS-60 SE Amp
Nightshade Audio Beacon III Preamp
Small fanless atom CPU running Foobar 2000 feeding a John Kenny modified Boxed HiFace MKII
EE MiniDac with a Mullard 1957 K61 12AU7 tube
Selah Audio TRT model speakers - DIY'd from a kit
Morrow Audio SP-3 speaker cables bi-wired
Morrow Audio MA-3 IC's throughout

I first put Tuan's silver IC's between my amp and preamp and listened for a couple of days.  I then put the Morrow's back in.  I found that I preferred the Morrow's a bit more as the sound was a bit more textured.  There was a little more body as well.

Then I put Tuan's IC's between my EE minidac and my preamp.  Again, the Morrow's seemed to have more body.  HOWEVER, I thought that Tuan's IC's were tremendous in portraying the mid-range! In classical music, woodwinds such as flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon were absolutely first rate. :thumb:

Someone before me stated that Tuan's cables provided "more micro-detail without being bright".  I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.  These cables are not bright in the least.  What they do is make you pay attention to what is going on inside the music which I find to be rather cool. 8)

Are they better than the Morrow's?  Depends on what floats your boat.  I find them to be sublime in classical chamber music.  I also find them very nice for female vocals.  They are clean and they are fast.  Will bassheads like these IC's?  Hmmmm...maybe not.  First impressions are that they are somewhat lean in this department.  Upon further listening, I found that the bass is just presented in a different manner.  A little tighter.  A little cleaner.

What is nice about these IC's is that you can buy them and plug them in for a different presentation of sound without breaking the bank.

I appreciate the chance to play Tuan's creations in my system and really would want to spend more time with them but I will be sending them off to the next person today.

Regards,

Randy

Sonny

Randy, thanks for taking the time to try these out in your system!

Hey Pardales, did you receive the cables yet?

Tuan

Sonny

Here are the cables for Gene,
Custom phono cable:

Sonny

Here the set for Genjamon:

SSR Silver & SSR Copper:

« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm by Sonny »

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
T -

Those look good, looks like you left me enough slack at the phono-pre end.

I get a kick out of your 'directional' arrows.

G.

pardales

Randy, thanks for taking the time to try these out in your system!

Hey Pardales, did you receive the cables yet?

Tuan

Not yet.

Sonny

Thanks Gene, that's why it's "handmade"... :thumb:
PM Sent...

T -

Those look good, looks like you left me enough slack at the phono-pre end.

I get a kick out of your 'directional' arrows.

G.