What is your latest acquisition?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: What is your latest acquisition?
« Reply #180 on: 28 Jul 2010, 09:28 pm »
Hi,

Yes its a pretty little thing...its the new Ultravalve Amp from AVA. I know this is a Bryston circle, and dont mean to influence anyone, just wanted to share the joy of this new tubular 'toy'!! (35 watts / channel).

All the best
Alex

It is all audio   :D :thumb:

Be well...

soundbitten1

« Reply #181 on: 28 Jul 2010, 11:34 pm »
Emotiva ERC-1 cdp

Napalm

« Reply #182 on: 29 Jul 2010, 02:50 am »
The Thinkpad has arrived. It is soooo non-Apple.

Nap.

Ryanz

« Reply #183 on: 31 Jul 2010, 01:32 am »
The cure for "Death Wobble!" Unfortunately, I could have almost purchased a BDA for what I spent to fix this.  :bawl:

Napalm

« Reply #184 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:19 am »
The cure for "Death Wobble!" Unfortunately, I could have almost purchased a BDA for what I spent to fix this.  :bawl:

Laundrew, meet Ryanz, Jeep owner. Ryanz, meet Laundrew, PT Cruiser owner.

Nap.

Napalm

« Reply #185 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:21 am »
Razer Orochi. The perfect mouse for a Thinkpad.

Nap.  :thumb:

Ryanz

« Reply #186 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:24 am »

Nap.
:duh: Great offroad, great in snow, terrible for the sense of safety when hitting a bump at 50+ MPH. I will never buy another American made vehicle. :oops:   

Laundrew

« Reply #187 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:25 pm »

Nap.

It is my wife’s car - not mine.

:P

I actually had someone ask me how I liked the PT Cruiser in a parking lot today. I told him all the problems that I have had with it and the black hole, money-sucking, festering pit that it is.

What I have spent on this putrid pile of most heinously rancid fecal matter Chrysler this year is more than ¾’s the cost of a B100.

Be well…

Construct

« Reply #188 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:46 pm »
I rented a pee-tea cruiser once.  With the stronger engine it was pretty cool. I like the interior layout.  It was much better than the Nissan cube...gag.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #189 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:58 pm »
WyWires ICs.

werd

« Reply #190 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:08 pm »
It is my wife’s car - not mine.

:P

I actually had someone ask me how I liked the PT Cruiser in a parking lot today. I told him all the problems that I have had with it and the black hole, money-sucking, festering pit that it is.

What I have spent on this putrid pile of most heinously rancid fecal matter Chrysler this year is more than ¾’s the cost of a B100.

Be well…

I know there should be a guy you can beat up. I own  98 Bonneville and i cant buy parts from GM any more for it. I have to use the junker. 

werd

« Reply #191 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:18 pm »
Last week on the highway i hit a big duck going 70mph. It hit my front grill. I thought my new Sienna van was goin to be damaged. Pulled into the next service station and did an inspection. No damage at all.  :thumb:. If that would have been a Dodge that minivan's front end wouldve collapsed at the point of impact. Major damage no doubt. My neighbor has a Caravan and they sit almost side by side on our driveways. The Caravan looks like tin can while my Toyota has a robust tank look next to it...... 

Construct

« Reply #192 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:25 pm »
. If that would have been a Dodge that minivan's front end wouldve collapsed at the point of impact.
Dodge engineers are really forward thinking.  Having a duck crumple zone in front is an amazing safety feature.... :roll:

Mag

« Reply #193 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:44 pm »
Last week on the highway i hit a big duck going 70mph. It hit my front grill. I thought my new Sienna van was goin to be damaged. Pulled into the next service station and did an inspection. No damage at all.  :thumb:. If that would have been a Dodge that minivan's front end wouldve collapsed at the point of impact. Major damage no doubt. My neighbor has a Caravan and they sit almost side by side on our driveways. The Caravan looks like tin can while my Toyota has a robust tank look next to it......

That was a pretty fast duck. My uncle years ago hit a crow, (that was going slow) at highway speed and it smashed the front passenger side of the window pretty good.

One time I was traveling down the highway at night. And there was this big Snow Owl in the middle of the road. I remembered the incident with my uncle, so I stepped on the gas before the owl got to high off the ground. Hit the bird with the grill part of the car, all I saw were feathers. :smoke:

Laundrew

« Reply #194 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:56 pm »

We had a brid-strike (duck) at work on a Bell 412. The duck went through the chin bubble and splattered inside the cabin  :lol:

Be well...

Construct

« Reply #195 on: 31 Jul 2010, 07:05 pm »
We had a brid-strike (duck) at work on a Bell 412. The duck went through the chin bubble and splattered inside the cabin  :lol:

Be well...
There I was (a few years ago)  165mph indicated on my sport bike on a long, un-patrolled back road.  Something hit my helmet with an amazing loud CRACK!!!  And it briefly snapped my head back.  I almost thought I had been shot or hit with a rock.  No, it was just a massive june bug slamming into me at max closing speed. 

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #196 on: 31 Jul 2010, 08:52 pm »
Damn...that's brutal!

1oldguy

« Reply #197 on: 31 Jul 2010, 09:40 pm »
There I was (a few years ago)  165mph indicated on my sport bike on a long, un-patrolled back road.  Something hit my helmet with an amazing loud CRACK!!!  And it briefly snapped my head back.  I almost thought I had been shot or hit with a rock.  No, it was just a massive June bug slamming into me at max closing speed.

Wow.......shocking. :peek:

Construct

« Reply #198 on: 31 Jul 2010, 09:46 pm »
Wow.......shocking. :peek:
An allusion to a previous post perhaps?  A bit of colloquial sarcasm to pass the day?  No matter.  My motorcycle days are long past.  Never again.

1oldguy

« Reply #199 on: 31 Jul 2010, 09:49 pm »
An allusion to a previous post perhaps?  A bit of colloquial sarcasm to pass the day?  No matter.  My motorcycle days are long past.  Never again.

Hi...No,actual true shock.I've been thinking about at some point getting a bike actually.