CX38 Tower or Monitor

HT cOz

CX38 Tower or Monitor
« on: 9 Jun 2010, 01:28 am »
Danny,

What would it take for you to make a P-Audio tower or monitor?  A monitor would be nice for those Super V's that double as HT speakers.

Thoughts?

Danny Richie

Re: CX38 Tower or Monitor
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2010, 01:47 am »
Oh yeah, and what would the box look like? Check the box sizes and port sizes in this simulation.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2010, 01:59 am »
WOW!  No chuffing with that port!  :o

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:11 am »
Those are minimum recommended sizes, and that woofer doesn't have a lot of X-max either.

HT cOz

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:18 am »
Danny

Thanks for putting a curious mind out of its misery.  I think I should stick to stuff that is easy to comprehend, like the emaculate conception.   :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:27 am »
How about the 8" coaxial version in a small sealed box and an 8" sub on either side of it that is powered with a SA-1 amp?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2010, 03:47 am »
 :thumb:

Getting closer!  :eyebrows:

Thanks again, Danny!

HT cOz

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:29 pm »
How about the 8" coaxial version in a small sealed box and an 8" sub on either side of it that is powered with a SA-1 amp?

I’m guessing the sensitivity of this combination would land in the mid to low 90s.   That probably is not a big enough difference from a Neo3 to justify all the work to create it.   I think what I’m learning is that there is no free lunch.  You can’t get 100+db sensitivity which would be great for home theater in a package that most people would want in their home.   

In helping my non-audiophile friend plan his HT, I think 3 L/C/R Neo3S with a couple of Rhythmic prebuilt subs will blow him away.   

Thanks Again Danny