Recommendations for my 2 channel rig

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Recommendations for my 2 channel rig
« on: 5 Jun 2010, 02:34 pm »
Now that I have the JBL 4312A's I want to put together a 2 channel system based on these speakers. I have Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 that can be used as pre-amp/DAC, I'd love to get a Virtue integrated so I could use my extra sub input and I'm on the tour list but realistically even if that sounds excellent I probably won't have enough cash...so I'm open for suggestions of types? model#s? that would light these JBL's up and make them sing.
 So I guess I'm looking for configuration suggestions actually?? Thanks :thumb:

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Recommendations for my 2 channel rig
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2010, 04:22 pm »
What is your budget? How many inputs do you need?

mfsoa

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2010, 04:33 pm »
Hi Ed,

Tommy (Digital Amp Co.) lives right in the Allentown area and I'm sure (well, I'd imagine  :wink:)  he'd be willing to let you hear one his amps on those speakers. Sure, new, they are likely over you budget from the sound of things, but being local, and a drummer, and a really nice fellow, well, maybe he has some parts on the shelf he could dust off and cobble together?? Who knows?

At least you'd get another data point to file away...

-Mike

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2010, 08:19 pm »
I really only need one input for my DAC actually, and my budget is lowest possible amount..LOL.
 Off topic-I just saw Iron Man 2 with my youngest and we were only ones in the theater so we sat in 3rd row for kicks...what a treat!!!
 The first time I ever sat so close and really enjoyed it and the movie was OK too..great day!!! :thumb:
OK back on topic- I know Bill (pumpkinman) has some amps he'll let me borrow to try out with the speakers I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good combination that really lights these up. Mike I look forward to meeting you at the rave and picking your brain and I'm sure hearing things there will probably pump me up even more with ideas.
 The coolest thing about being broke is when a good deal comes thru like the other day, its like such a great feeling :thumb: :thumb: