Nuforce REFERENCE 18

worldcat

Nuforce REFERENCE 18
« on: 4 Jun 2010, 06:15 pm »
Was wondering if the new REF 18 was still on schedule for the June 15th?  If not how is it coming along?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: Nuforce REFERENCE 18
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2010, 01:22 am »
We are at the last stage of this....  Tuning the performance, since it's a brand new layout, power supply, etc.

Yes, we did miss the 6/15 date, but we are getting very close.

Casey

china

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2010, 11:11 pm »
Silly question......but.......just what is the "Nuforce Refernce 18"???

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:41 am »
Reference 18 will cost $8800 a pair, may be more, versus $5000/pair for the Ref 9V3SE.
At this point we don't know for sure how much better.  Lets put it this way, we are getting closer and closer to perfection so any improvement will be less dramatic than from V2 to V3. I am sure some customers or reviewers will still say OMG!

All the current Reference series are 8.5" wide in a small form factor. The Reference 18 belongs to the new super high-end Reference series (the model number will be double that of the current and always available Ref 9 series) where all chassis are 17" wide.  This is the "money no objection" series where we use the best of every thing (such as the top of the line WBT connector).

worldcat

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2010, 03:54 am »
I can't wait to demo one soon.   I hope it is a pretty big upgrade from new V3 with more power.

RKL2525

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:21 pm »
Does anyone know what the power ratings will be for the Reference 18? RMS into 8 ohm speakers. Thanks.

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2010, 10:21 pm »
Friends,

Below is a direct quote from Casey:

We separated the preamp and the power stage into 2 separate circuit boards and also ran a more refined power supply to the preamp board, some of the components are also upgraded.

Other than that, at the moment there is no definite power specification.  I will personally see to it that the moment we have some numbers, I will post them here.  Thanks for your patience and...

Take care,  :D
-Bob

worldcat

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2010, 12:52 pm »
Will Ref 18 get the attention of all the magazines as a true world class amp?  Wonder if it will be that good?  I think 9V3 is; but will everyone else praise it.  The price of ref 18 is a lot more than 9v3 wondering if it will be worth it.  If it is much better i will pick one right up! :wink:  Lots of question that will be answered soon can't wait. :D

worldcat

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2010, 07:41 pm »
Are the 18's out now (web site says July 19th)?  If so do you  have a spec sheet for them?

SLCity

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2010, 04:25 pm »
June 15 is not the first missed date.  The July 15 date also lapsed.  What is a realistic date?

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2010, 04:18 pm »
Hey guys take it easy good things will come to those that wait and if ref 18 is anything like we all experienced with the ref 9 series but much better the wait will be worth it.  :eyebrows:

worldcat

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jul 2010, 01:40 pm »
New info (spec sheet) on the 18 just came out looks like the power is the same as the REF9v3.  The gain is the same as well.  It should not be long before it comes out now.  The new unit has a 12v trigger which i like that.

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2010, 04:15 pm »
I knew of the improved power supply but I thought the ref 18 were going to have more power. Seems a bit disappointing or am I missing something given the big step up in price???????

worldcat

« Reply #13 on: 1 Aug 2010, 01:03 am »
Looks like Sept until it comes out.  Well like all Nuforce products they don't release anything until it is right!

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2010, 06:15 pm »
Jason
My previous post may have been taken out of context. I love my Nuforce gear (9VSEs and P9) and was not being critical of Nuforce but was puzzled about the R18 power and price. I would be the first to "upgrade" and buy the new amp but was courious about the sonic differences??????

eRaS

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2010, 03:19 pm »
It's August 31!  I wonder if we'll hear anything about the Ref18 now.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:07 pm »
I will publish some photos later this week. A few pairs have been shipped out to distributors.
The volume production will be available around September 13.

eRaS

« Reply #17 on: 2 Sep 2010, 06:56 am »
Great news Jason!

Any thoughts on the relative performance of the mono-amplifiers?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #18 on: 3 Sep 2010, 09:53 am »
Here's how you turn on the Ref 18: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls4CWBrYFTU
Note that the LEDs appeared to be blinking due to the video camera frame rate, you won't see it.
It takes 2/3 swipe left or right to turn it on/off.  If you accidentally touch it or swipe it too fast, it won't work. This is a safety precaution.

Photos can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/nuforce.com/Reference18#

MSRP $3800 / unit

Within 5 seconds, you can tell that Ref 18 effortlessly drive the speaker with speed and power.
Everything is relative in high-end audio, Ref 9V3SE is incredibly fast and dynamic but Ref 18 takes it to the next level. This is mainly due to the improvement in the new Cross Matrix Capacitor Array design in Ref 18 versus the Linear Capacitor Array in Ref 9V3SE.  The bigger chassis with extra shielding helps too.
Ref 18 gives you the ability to upgrade to $10,000/pair Ref 20 (no release date yet).
Both series will advance together in technology development and future upgrade is always very affordable.

worldcat

« Reply #19 on: 3 Sep 2010, 03:52 pm »
Wow!!  Looks so nice i can't wait to get mine.  Coming out with ref20 too? Nuforce doesn't sleep does it :lol:   So Ref20 will work in Ref 18 chassis??