Crazy 'bout a Mercury....

twitch54

Re: Crazy 'bout a Mercury....
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2010, 01:39 am »
Now, now, Twitch, different strokes for different folks.

I agree...but 70's era American cars were 'generaly'...yuck !!

Some of the modified and chopped Mercury cars from the 40's just stole the show for me.

Again...now you're talkin' !!

I love American car culture.  Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and Don Garlits were my childhood heroes!

Agreed !!

mcgsxr

« Reply #21 on: 4 Jun 2010, 01:48 am »
I think it bears mentioning that I turn 40 this summer, so orange 70's Capri's will always have a very special place in my heart.

As for the Mustang/Capri - in 1980, I used to deliver papers in a nearby neighborhood, and there was a black RS Capri on the way there, parked near the school.  Not a day went by that I did not stop and longingly look at that beautiful black Merc.

In looking at them now, I recognize them as the tech limited pieces they were, but this (for me) is strictly about fond memories.  I was WAY too young to drive any of them!

Now, for me the real Merc will always be a Black Max 200 hanging off the back of a 1970's purple sparkle painted Sidewinder boat - again, crazy stuff from the 70's youth!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #22 on: 4 Jun 2010, 01:58 am »
Stallone. 1986. Cobra.  8)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 4 Jun 2010, 03:48 am »
Well....as the Mercury line dies off....a new line begins.... :thumb:

Here......... Is Your Future.....  :lol:

boead

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jun 2010, 12:38 pm »
boead,
What model type Mustang did you have in the '66?  A friend's dad had a
'67 Mustang convertible, gloss piano black, red interior, with the high chrome luggage rack and custom wheelset.  It is still in parades back in my hometown.  Another friend in college had one of those '72? Shelby 500
Convertibles, which was gorgeous.  He trashed it in less than two years, and traded it in for a Triumph TR-6.  :cry: :cry:

It was my dads 66 1/2, HiPo V8 convertible with a stick. Red with White interior. Needed some work and handled like shite but was very cool to drive. My buddy has a rare 71 BOSS 351, VERY fast car!!