All quiet on the home front.

gkinberg

Re: All quiet on the home front.
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jun 2010, 11:24 pm »
The AVA gear is replacing (don't laugh, please) my Denon 3808CI HT receiver, which never did justice to my Salk HT2-TLs... 

Mathgeek, I am considering getting a Denon reciever for my home theater - quite possibly a 3808 or 3310 - but from your comments, do recommend against it? I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure :) I agree that this would not be the ideal source to drive the Ht2-tl's as they deserve something "better" but i assume that one of these denon's would suffice for HT. My set up will have to duel as 2 channel and HT because of space, but I intend to get additional components to improve the 2 channel sound.

Thanks, Garth

mathgeek97

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2010, 12:08 am »
Mathgeek, I am considering getting a Denon reciever for my home theater - quite possibly a 3808 or 3310 - but from your comments, do recommend against it?

I think as a HT receiver, the 3808 is very nice.  I'm just going all out on a 2-channel only system, so I'm going to take the 3808 out of the setup.  However, if I had a dual purpose setup, I'd keep my 3808.  Same goes with strictly HT.  BTW, I believe the 3310 is a step down, except for the inclusion of an HD tuner, but don't quote me on that.

gkinberg

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2010, 09:19 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts Mathgeek. Were you the guy who couldn't get his center channel to play at appropriate volume during movies?

Garth

mathgeek97

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:38 am »
Thanks for your thoughts Mathgeek. Were you the guy who couldn't get his center channel to play at appropriate volume during movies?

Garth

Nope.  Musta been somebody else.