Re: * VIRTUE AUDIO TOUR * (sign up)
« Reply #60 on: 6 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm »
after mca (about 21/2 weeks time)
it is yours. It is on the way to California right now. :thumb:

Gopher

« Reply #61 on: 7 Jul 2010, 01:16 pm »
Thanks, Mariusz!

I'm looking forward to this little bugger.  I am considering moving towards tube amplification to drive my Zu speakers, but am really crossing my fingers that a class d solution like this would satisfy me.

Gopher

« Reply #62 on: 7 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm »
The Virtue is in the house!  I'm going to plug it in and leave it to warm up overnight as I'll be pretty wrapped up this evening, but I'm definitely excited.

Mariusz

« Reply #63 on: 8 Jul 2010, 02:11 am »
The Virtue is in the house!  I'm going to plug it in and leave it to warm up overnight as I'll be pretty wrapped up this evening, but I'm definitely excited.

That unit has about 50-60 hours of play time.
Another 50h should help open up the soundstage and imaging
a bit more. Probably clean up the bass and treble as well.   
I think that unit has caps upgraded to Sonicaps - those need some extra break-in time.

Enjoy

Gopher

« Reply #64 on: 8 Jul 2010, 02:18 am »
Thanks for the info.  I don't doubt it as it sounds like things could open up a bit.

Can the battery be plugged into wall while the amp is on?  That way I can leave it looping all day tomorrow while I'm at work without it completely discharging.

Mariusz

« Reply #65 on: 8 Jul 2010, 02:28 am »
Thanks for the info.  I don't doubt it as it sounds like things could open up a bit.

Can the battery be plugged into wall while the amp is on?  That way I can leave it looping all day tomorrow while I'm at work without it completely discharging.

You can keep the battery pluged into the wall at all times.
Ones the unit is turned off (via switch) the batteries start charging. 
When in play mode, batteries power the unit - charge mode is switched off.
Try not to drain the batteries to complete "0". It will help prolong the battery's life.

Cheers

Gopher

« Reply #66 on: 8 Jul 2010, 02:52 am »
Hmm, If that is the case I'm thinking I'll listen with battery in the evenings and let this thing run in some hours during the work day with the AC power supply.

Mariusz

« Reply #67 on: 8 Jul 2010, 03:08 am »
That's what I would do.
Break-in on AC - listen on DC

Gopher

« Reply #68 on: 30 Jul 2010, 03:20 am »
Was there anyone else on the East Coast waiting for the TWO.2?  Not sure I (or my father) will purchase it and I don't want to hold up progress. 

Mariusz

« Reply #69 on: 30 Jul 2010, 03:54 am »
Is any one waiting for Virtue amp or would like to sign up?????
If so PLEASE let me know or post it here.

I am away from home on vac but do check mail or threads on daily basis.

Thank You all for your patience and understanding.
We had few glitches here and there but overall I am glad that we can try new stuff out.........
THANKS TO SETH from Virtue Audio of cause. :notworthy: :beer:

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #70 on: 30 Jul 2010, 12:10 pm »
I'm curious/interested... though I'm not sure it'll have enough power for my system.

Mariusz

« Reply #71 on: 30 Jul 2010, 12:48 pm »
I'm curious/interested... though I'm not sure it'll have enough power for my system.

Barry
What are you interested in?
(I have 1 Sensation with larger PS)

Your speakers are Gallos or ......
If so, it should not be a problem.
It drives my Martin Logans with ease.

Mariusz

praedet

« Reply #72 on: 30 Jul 2010, 03:18 pm »
I would love to sign up to compare it to the Class D amp I am building to run off a battery supply ;)

I am using a DODD DIY Battery Buffer fed by a DAC-60, and the speakers for now are Ninja modded Polk LSi 9s or LSi7s I did the x-over upgrade on...

What do I need to do?

Mariusz

« Reply #73 on: 30 Jul 2010, 04:38 pm »
I would love to sign up to compare it to the Class D amp I am building to run off a battery supply ;)

I am using a DODD DIY Battery Buffer fed by a DAC-60, and the speakers for now are Ninja modded Polk LSi 9s or LSi7s I did the x-over upgrade on...

What do I need to do?

I'll PM you all info later today.

Mariusz

Barry_NJ

« Reply #74 on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:49 pm »
Barry
What are you interested in?
(I have 1 Sensation with larger PS)

Your speakers are Gallos or ......
If so, it should not be a problem.
It drives my Martin Logans with ease.

Mariusz

Yes Mariusz, I have the Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. I'm currently running them with an Audio Alchemy OM150 which is 150 watts/channel into 8 Ohms, and the Virtue amplifier is only rated at 44. I'm interested in Class-D because of its clean dynamic sound, and also its ability to deliver a lot of head-room. I've been thinking of building one of the classdaudio.com kits because of this. Do you really think that a 44 watt Virtue amplifier will satisfy my desires?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #75 on: 30 Jul 2010, 06:19 pm »
Barry_NJ...check it out, it might surprise ya, I know it surprised me!! :thumb:

Mariusz

« Reply #76 on: 30 Jul 2010, 06:48 pm »
You're the only one who can answer this Q.
Since it is a free tour with no strings attached - I do not see how can you loose by giving it a shot.
Class D kit is great and inexpensive with quite a bit of headroom for those demanding passages and difficult loads - Virtue is more polished, flexible and tweakable to certain degree.  I know that it can sound really good in most systems but the only real Q is can it give you desired headroom without choking?
Try the basic Sensation and if it works for you then I would consider adding tube buffer for even more voicing/tweaking options.

No pushing
Just saying

Mariusz

bigjppop

« Reply #77 on: 30 Jul 2010, 07:26 pm »
I'm interested in trying one of these little guys and I'm wondering if you'd be willing to include me in the tour with a military address.  I'm located in Germany, but its a domestic US address.  Stuff usually gets from there to here (or vice versa) in 5-7 days from the US.  The only catch is, I can only ship USPS.

Am I eligible?

Barry_NJ

« Reply #78 on: 30 Jul 2010, 07:51 pm »
Well Mariusz, put me on the list, I'd be happy to give it a listen and post my impressions on how it does in my system.

Best, Barry

Mariusz

« Reply #79 on: 30 Jul 2010, 08:23 pm »
I'm interested in trying one of these little guys and I'm wondering if you'd be willing to include me in the tour with a military address.  I'm located in Germany, but its a domestic US address.  Stuff usually gets from there to here (or vice versa) in 5-7 days from the US.  The only catch is, I can only ship USPS.

Am I eligible?

Maybe
I'll let you know later tonight.

Thanks
Mariusz