Nuforce ref9 V2 with tube preamp question

nidas

Nuforce ref9 V2 with tube preamp question
« on: 27 May 2010, 12:57 pm »
I have read here on the forum that I always should turn off my Nuforce amps before I shut down my preamp. It also says that I should have my nuforce amps on at all time since they sound better that way... 

Its hard to have them on all time since I have a tube preamp... How do other people with tube preamps do? Do you shut down your Nuforce amps or do you shut down both the preamps and the nuforce amps? Or do you shut down your tube preamp and have your nuforce amps on? Even though you shouldn´t (if you follow nuforce recomandation?).

I have a EAR 834L linestage as preamp.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: Nuforce ref9 V2 with tube preamp question
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2010, 04:01 pm »
I ve been using a tubed preamp for the past 3 years and do not turn my ref 9 se v3s off ever. I do turn off my preamp every time i m done with music for the day. The early ref 9 version 1 when turned off did have shut down sounds that could be heard through your speakers. That issue was resolved not long after version 1 ref 9 was released i seem to remember.

nidas

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2010, 06:20 pm »
ok I´ll try leaving them on if it works for you it hopefully works for me too...

Cheers and thanks for taking time to answer.

stingfan

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2010, 07:20 pm »
Beachbum, how do you like the Audio Horizons Tube pre-amp with the Nuforce V2 / V3 SE's ?

I am considering RWA Isabella, Audio Horizons TP2.2, and then Pass Labs XP-10 solid state for my Nuforce's.  Very curious of your impressions with the Tube match up with Nuforce amps.