Advice/Opinions Greatly Appreciated

Napalm

Re: Advice/Opinions Greatly Appreciated
« Reply #60 on: 22 May 2010, 08:04 pm »
[...]  Its more laid back and thats how i like to listen to my tunes.

On sale this weekend:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/energy-reference-connoisseur-4-way-floor-standing-speaker-rc-70-black-single/10087359.aspx?path=f7dedabbf3611064a3ccb58d61300715en02

They're as tubey as they can get, in a very pleasant way.

Nap.  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #61 on: 22 May 2010, 08:09 pm »
On sale this weekend:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/energy-reference-connoisseur-4-way-floor-standing-speaker-rc-70-black-single/10087359.aspx?path=f7dedabbf3611064a3ccb58d61300715en02

They're as tubey as they can get, in a very pleasant way.

Nap.  :thumb:

Those arent bad, but they are too compressed. I am too spoiled with my AZs on that front.

I live literally right next door to future shop.

Napalm

« Reply #62 on: 22 May 2010, 10:31 pm »
Those arent bad, but they are too compressed. I am too spoiled with my AZs on that front.

I live literally right next door to future shop.

The listening conditions at Futureshop are way less than ideal, so they will not be shown in the best light. Some 5 years ago before Klipsch bought Energy, these were sold in audio shops. I had the pleasure to listen to them powered by Brystons. They were beauties. Yes, after switching to PMCs and Veritas you knew that these were "warm" but they were so in an excellent way. Norah's "Come Away With Me' sounded the best through these. An immensely deep soundstage too.....

Nap.  :drool:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #63 on: 23 May 2010, 01:46 am »
Hi Vegas

Went and bought a Response audio Max bella. i had both my bryston and bella side by side on my rack until recently. Need cash so i sold my Bryston only since i've had it so long and its easier to sell. I planned on keeping em both but couldnt.

Side by side comparing at full gain on the Bella pre, i like the Bryston better.
But at the lower gain setting on the Bella, i have to admit i like the Bella better.  Its more laid back and thats how i like to listen to my tunes.

Sounds good. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters...

Moon Doggy

« Reply #64 on: 24 May 2010, 04:17 am »
Hi Vegas

Went and bought a Response audio Max bella. i had both my bryston and bella side by side on my rack until recently. Need cash so i sold my Bryston only since i've had it so long and its easier to sell. I planned on keeping em both but couldnt.

Side by side comparing at full gain on the Bella pre, i like the Bryston better.
But at the lower gain setting on the Bella, i have to admit i like the Bella better.  Its more laid back and thats how i like to listen to my tunes.

The Acoustic Zen Adagios sound really great with tube or SS. Al's pair of AZ Adagios sound really amazing with a Moon SS pre and a McIntosh MC 275 tube amp :drool:

werd

« Reply #65 on: 24 May 2010, 08:47 pm »
The Acoustic Zen Adagios sound really great with tube or SS. Al's pair of AZ Adagios sound really amazing with a Moon SS pre and a McIntosh MC 275 tube amp :drool:

Hi Moon

Have you heard Al's home system? I was just talking to him about the maggie 1.7s.

Moon Doggy

« Reply #66 on: 24 May 2010, 09:02 pm »
Hi Moon

Have you heard Al's home system? I was just talking to him about the maggie 1.7s.

I wish! Just heard 2nd hand reports. Altho it would be easy enough to setup the same gear down at the store.
Al's carrying a number of speakers that sound great with either tube or SS amplification. Along with the AZ Adagios he now has Audio Physic speakers. And he can get Verity Audio from Quebec. These speakers are more of a presence speaker. They can play louder than I would ever want but not at some of the earth shaking volumes that others require :hyper: He has me looking at the Verity Audio Rienzi right now :drool: Which are very easily driven by my B100 along with a Torus BX 10. The speaker never drops below 4 ohms. But can still handle more power if you want to throw it at it and sound even better.

werd

« Reply #67 on: 24 May 2010, 10:10 pm »
I wish! Just heard 2nd hand reports. Altho it would be easy enough to setup the same gear down at the store.
Al's carrying a number of speakers that sound great with either tube or SS amplification. Along with the AZ Adagios he now has Audio Physic speakers. And he can get Verity Audio from Quebec. These speakers are more of a presence speaker. They can play louder than I would ever want but not at some of the earth shaking volumes that others require :hyper: He has me looking at the Verity Audio Rienzi right now :drool: Which are very easily driven by my B100 along with a Torus BX 10. The speaker never drops below 4 ohms. But can still handle more power if you want to throw it at it and sound even better.

I would like to hear a B100 with the AZs.  Bet you that would be nice.