Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09

ltr317

Re: Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09
« Reply #40 on: 23 May 2010, 08:49 pm »
I discovered the WE396A! Wow!!! :drool:
The stock tube was fine, the GE was better and the WE just blew the others away!!
How long do tubes last?? :thumb:

Hey Ed,

Thought you might like the WE the best.  As for how long the tube should last, it really depends on how often you use the dac.  You should get several thousand hours of use from it under normal conditions. 

Cheers,
Paul

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2010, 08:46 pm »
Try a 6N3P-E. ,very close to the xpensive National 396a I was using. Clean and lots of detail ,great bass and crisp high's.Not foward sounding.
evan1-thanks for the tip!!
Hey Ed,

Thought you might like the WE the best.  As for how long the tube should last, it really depends on how often you use the dac.  You should get several thousand hours of use from it under normal conditions. 

Cheers,
Paul

Paul-thanks for the tubes!!

A thank you to everyone: for tips and tweaks-truly enjoying my music!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #42 on: 26 May 2010, 03:44 pm »
So how do these tube DAC's work..signal gets converted to analog then sent thru the tube then output?? I like the fact that if I use the headphone output on my receiver I get the nice tube sound in cans.
 I'm not using any volume control on the DAC, using it as line level DAC as shipped, and interested in learning the actual signal path so I better understand whats actually going on inside this unit. Thanks :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 31 May 2010, 12:17 am »
Just wanted to share this-I sent an email today to GF saying thanks etc. for the DAC, and got a reply in less than an hour on a Sunday, and they didn't even need to respond or answer any kind of a question or issue. Very nice!! +1 bonus points..LOL!! :thumb: :thumb:

ltr317

« Reply #44 on: 31 May 2010, 05:39 pm »
Just wanted to share this-I sent an email today to GF saying thanks etc. for the DAC, and got a reply in less than an hour on a Sunday, and they didn't even need to respond or answer any kind of a question or issue. Very nice!! +1 bonus points..LOL!! :thumb: :thumb:

Rachel Grant is very nice and service oriented.