eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Best Hockey Game ever!!!
« on: 15 May 2010, 01:33 am »
Best Hockey Game ever...FLYERS!!!!!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Best Hockey Game ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 01:36 am »
Best Hockey Game ever...FLYERS!!!!!

Not exactly...but congrats.

Have to admit that I wasn't rooting for either team as I am an Islanders and Devils fan.   :wink:

George

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2010, 01:37 am »
Regardless of winner--That was a Tremendous Game!! Wow :thumb: :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2010, 01:42 am »
Bruins win the 1st 3 games of this series, only to lose 4 straight. The Bruins score the 1st 3 goals in the last game, only to give up the next 4 goals. If there's anything to the belief of fate, this series would define it.  :duh:

The Flyers will be remembering this series for years to come and the Bruins will never forget it. Congrates to the Philly fans.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

PeteG

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2010, 01:48 am »
A great come back, down 3-0 and still win it. Kind of crazy the 7 and 8 seed are playing each other for the eastern conference. 

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2010, 01:50 am »
Jeez, I am going to have hear about this collapse for weeks and weeks here in the Boston area. 

With the way the Red Sux are playing, I think the area would be walking into oncoming traffic if it weren't for the Celtics upsetting the Cavs.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2010, 02:00 am »
Insert Quote
Jeez, I am going to have hear about this collapse for weeks and weeks here in the Boston area. 

With the way the Red Sux are playing, I think the area would be walking into oncoming traffic if it weren't for the Celtics upsetting the Cavs.

George

stay classy NY

cliffy

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2010, 04:44 am »
GO SHARKS!!!!!

(Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  It seems like forever since their last game.)

PMAT

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2010, 05:07 am »
Yes, a great game for your team. Not even close to the best hockey game ever. You are forgiven for the "just won" exuberance factor.

GO SHARKS!!!!!
GO SHARKS!!!!!

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2010, 12:18 pm »
That game last night was a good one, but I have to admit I did not watch it all.

I went to the driving range as the game started.  When I walked in to the place, it was 3-0 Boston.  I hit 100 balls, and went over to the chipping and putting area for an hour.

I come home to see it is 3-3 in the middle of the 3rd!

I watched the rest of it, and have to admit I am happy with the outcome - not because I like the Flyers any more than I like the Bruins - but because I hope the Canadiens can beat the Flyers!

I also think that the Habs game 7 earlier this week was more fun for me to watch - that game I watched 100% of.

I hope that Chicago and Montreal face off in the Cup Finals, I think those two teams would deliver an fantastic, wide open, great scoring opportunity laden, great goaltending series.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2010, 01:18 pm »
A great come back, down 3-0 and still win it. Kind of crazy the 7 and 8 seed are playing each other for the eastern conference.

Goes to show you....the regular season has nothing to do with playoff capability.  The so-called superstars in the regular season, guys like Ovetchkin, Chara, and even Alfredsson of the Senators get shut down in the playoffs when the guys with plenty of heart and determination put their "A" game on.    You have to admit, even Crosby and Malkin got stymied in the 2nd round, although Crosby and Malkin still combined for something like 11 points in that series.  Too many turnovers and a weak-willed goalie lost the series for Pittsburgh there.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2010, 09:11 pm »
This thread was started (about the Flyers) on April 23rd:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80419.0

The score should have been 5-3, but they took a goal away from the Flyers despite video of the puck crossing the red line.

The Flyers winning the Stanley Cup isn't far fetched at all.

mcgsxr

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2010, 09:15 pm »
Don't bring back bad memories of pucks over the red line - Calgary won that damn Cup!

maxwalrath

« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2010, 10:01 pm »
This has to be the first 7-8 seed matchup in any playoff format, along with the first time a 7-seed has home advantage.

smargo

« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2010, 12:47 am »

George

how bout years and years

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 16 May 2010, 05:44 am »
That was a 1998-Vikings-level choke! :lol:

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2010, 12:02 am »
Not even close to the best hockey game ever.

And just what would that game have been ???

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2010, 02:00 am »
And just what would that game have been ???

USA vs. Russia - Lack Placid 1980

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2010, 02:05 am »
USA vs. Russia - Lack Placid 1980

George

Bingo!  :thumb:  There was a game that legends were born from. And a movie to boot!  8)

I doubt anyone will be making a Hollywood movie about that Bruin/Flyer 7th game anytime soon or ever for that matter.   :roll:

Cheers,
Robin

Art_Chicago

« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2010, 02:10 am »
I guess it would be USA- USSR

I am just thinking why the USA national team did not qualify for the best 12 (!) teams in the world championship going on in Germany, and that is after the silver in Vancouver  :?