Prices to be updated on June 1st

jsalk

Re: Prices to be updated on June 1st
« Reply #40 on: 9 Jun 2010, 01:40 am »
OK.  I probably won't get to it for a few weeks, but I'll bring them back.

- Jim

ctouhey

« Reply #41 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:01 am »
Jim's reposting will give you the best results.

I did make a PDF.  Understand, I did not try and control for page breaks, etc.  I mainly wanted to see the veneers.  Some pics are larger than the others, but that's how they came when I downloaded them from Jim's site.

This site does not seem to allow me to upload a PDF.  I tried a PM to those who expressed interest, but I could not upload that either.

You can send me a PM with your regular e-mail address, and I'lll send it on.  I'm leaving for Boston very early in the morning and will be pretty tied up until late Friday, but I will check e-mail and send the PDF to anyone interested.  It does not have all of the VOMs.  Just a sampling of veneers with their stories.

Chris

coke

« Reply #42 on: 9 Jun 2010, 01:43 pm »
Found an issue on your site.

The specifications/prices and cabinet options links for the HTS take you to the V3 page.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: 26 Jun 2010, 11:37 am »
I thought this was the thread where I recommended to Jim that he could have a cash price (check or paper) and then a credit card price.  Of course it was quickly shot down as unprofessional by one member.  This is fairly common practice.  Anyway, this article may interest all of you.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A week ago, South End Exchange consignment shop owner Laura Gribble went to Washington D.C. asking Congress to cut down on the fees businesses like hers are forced to pay each time a customer uses a debit or credit card.

VIDEO: Credit Card Swipe Fees Changes

Gribble said, "I paid way more in swipe fees than I was able to pay myself last year."

But Gribble could be closer to getting some relief. Friday morning, lawmakers finished hammering through a financial reform bill that would regulate and possibly lower those fees. "I'm really excited about it. I don't want to get out of paying any fee, it just seems like there should be some sort of a cap."

According to the National Retail Federation, the legislation would allow businesses to reduce prices and offer benefits to customers who don't use credit cards.

But Aquesta Bank President and CEO Jim Engel said the financial reform is flawed. "I think it's horrible." Engel added, "I think it infringes on the free market system." Engel said consumers will still feel the pinch as banks work to find ways to make up losing those fees somehow. "Either through additional charges to consumers, higher interest rates, lower credit one way or the other, there's no magic money trade. It's got to come from some place," Engel said.

The National Retail Federation says in 2008 retailers and customers paid $48 billion in swipe fees compared to $16 billion in 2001.

From here: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/24049577/detail.html

jsalk

« Reply #44 on: 26 Jun 2010, 12:53 pm »
I think one of the problems is that, until this legislation, if a credit card company caught you offering a discount for cash or charging 3% more for credit cards, they could drop you from their program and you would no longer be able to accept their cards. 

This legislation will probably allow you to do what you suggest without risking retribution from the CC companies.

- Jim