Bryston Amps and Power Conditioning

rob80b

Re: Bryston Amps and Power Conditioning
« Reply #40 on: Today at 02:12 pm »
Living in an older centrally located building in TO which still has a few un-grounded receptacles and probably overly polluted power lines I've occasionally considered getting a proper power conditioner...just not too sure which one...comes down to budget and which components will benefit the most.... probably all.

CanadianMaestro

« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:15 pm »
I think a decent p-cond is a systems-wide upgrade -- as is a good DAC that's fed by lots of players. The Venom 8-outlet may make a budget-sensitive positive improvement, but I haven't tried it.

rob80b

« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:30 pm »
I think a decent p-cond is a systems-wide upgrade --......

Have to agree...back in the 80s had some Triplite stuff but times have changed...I've seen a few used Bryston Bit 20s which should suffice or even a 15...I'll check out the Venoms.

CanadianMaestro

« Reply #45 on: Today at 02:38 pm »
Looks enticing...45 days on the block, though   :scratch:
The seller should really show the rear panel close-up.

rob80b

« Reply #46 on: Today at 03:00 pm »
As an isolation transformer this would be my biggest concern..."The  outlets  they  are  plugged  into should  be  sufficient  to  provide  the current  to  operate  them  without tripping circuit breakers within your junction panel"

The 20 may be overkill, literally and I may not be able to turn my lights on simultaneously....the 15 might be kinder on my fuse box.  :oops:

and I may find one within my budget...
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649432555-bryston-bit-15/