Help PLease - My VAndersteen 5A's have been blown out

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Help PLease - My VAndersteen 5A's have been blown out
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2010, 11:00 am »
The Philippine distributor of Vandersteen has a full tech/repair/mod staff. They are very easy to deal with. I've bought lots of stuff from them. I'm 99.99% sure they can do full parts replacements easily for a nominal service fee. They do not however have room for more children. :D

Call or e-mail Noel and tell him JackD201 sent you.

There you go, much cheaper shipping to Manila, I'm sure! Unless R.V. opposes this of course.

Anand.

redbat

« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2010, 06:03 am »
Thanks again to everybody for their words of wisdom.

JackD201 - I did speak to Noel in Manila. Great guy but sadly he was unable to help as they don't sell the 5A's nor do they carry any parts etc.

So after due consideration my plan is get a quote on exactly what it would cost to send the entire speakers to the US (and back!). If prohibitive I will need to plead with Richard Vandersteen to take only the drivers and crossovers for analysis and repair or replacement.

Once I get everything settled I shall post again just to complete the circle.

Thanks again all...great forum and great advice.....99/100. I would have given a perfect 100 but nobody has yet offered to adopt my kids!  :cry:

Cheers

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2010, 06:16 am »
I look foreward to hearing how you make out on this Jeff, hope it'll all work out OK for you and Richard Vandersteen will take care of you. Seemed like an OK guy to me when I met him but he does walk a pretty straight line. I'll be curious to see what he'll do for ya considering the lack of local support for his products. Best of luck to ya Jeff, the 5a's are 1 of the best loudspeakers I've ever heard and it was when I met Richard Vandersteen that I had the opportunity to listen to them.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin