Zero Surge Protectors

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Zero Surge Protectors
« Reply #60 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:24 pm »
They are suppose to some electrical filtering, any reports?

I don't understand what you're asking.  I'm sorry.

Nick77

« Reply #61 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:28 pm »
The zero surge units are suppose to do more than just protect from surge. They do some electric filtering which should have a positive effect on our electronics.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #62 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:33 pm »
The zero surge units are suppose to do more than just protect from surge. They do some electric filtering which should have a positive effect on our electronics.

I could be wrong but think that's only on certain units to help seperate digital and analog.  I have a PI Audio (MuthaBuss) which is so massive that I don't notice anything with the zero surge.  The green light is on and that's it!  Again, it's only on my front end.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:35 pm »
I also purchased one for my computer setup and with all outlets filled it again just has the green light on and that's it.  The case is slightly warm to the touch.

The computer fan still sounds the same to me.   :lol:  Although electrically it's much happier.   :thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #64 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:41 pm »
I also purchased one for my computer setup and with all outlets filled it again just has the green light on and that's it.  The case is slightly warm to the touch.

The computer fan still sounds the same to me.   :lol:  Although electrically it's much happier.   :thumb:

Your probably surfing at a "higher order" and dont realize it.  :wink:

Sonny

« Reply #65 on: 6 Jul 2010, 01:00 am »
So, are there any real world comments about these?  Did they make the system more quiet? more noise? etc...???

Thanks
T

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: 6 Jul 2010, 11:06 am »
So, are there any real world comments about these?  Did they make the system more quiet? more noise? etc...???

Thanks
T

I don't notice any difference in that department.  I don't have the filtered one though as I use the PI Audio MuthaBuss.  I can say that nothing has blown up and I've had massive power outages lately due to erratic weather.

gprro

« Reply #67 on: 8 Jul 2010, 11:14 pm »
Whats up everyone!

Does anyone think there could be a sound quality difference between the standard models and the new TSC models? I'm going to order one of the 8 outlet isolated models in the next couple days.

Thanks,
Giyan

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: 8 Jul 2010, 11:15 pm »
Whats up everyone!

Does anyone think there could be a sound quality difference between the standard models and the new TSC models? I'm going to order one of the 8 outlet isolated models in the next couple days.

Thanks,
Giyan

From one to the other, no.  Maybe from the standard TSC and the isolated one.  Sure. 

gprro

« Reply #69 on: 9 Jul 2010, 12:34 am »
Cool, think ill order the isolated one, maybe give me a little bit of what a good conditioner offers. If they're still doing the $10 upgrade , may as well get the TSC. Wish i could get a Buss, but a new dac, computer, and maybe speaker kit upgrade is pushing the budget. Anyone feel like they are wasting outputs though, running a power conditioner after a multi outlet surge protector? PiAudio...a surge protected 6-8 outlet Buss?...Please! :drool:

Is double filtering bad? If i were to run one of the Busses after the filtered Zero Surge.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: 9 Jul 2010, 12:45 am »
Cool, think ill order the isolated one, maybe give me a little bit of what a good conditioner offers. If they're still doing the $10 upgrade , may as well get the TSC. Wish i could get a Buss, but a new dac, computer, and maybe speaker kit upgrade is pushing the budget. Anyone feel like they are wasting outputs though, running a power conditioner after a multi outlet surge protector? PiAudio...a surge protected 6-8 outlet Buss?...Please! :drool:

Is double filtering bad? If i were to run one of the Busses after the filtered Zero Surge.  Personally, I would use the Z.S. first then if you get a Buss just put the computer, TV or whatever you use on for the computer audio setup on the Zero Surge.

Zero Surge is for surges.  Buss doesn't do anything for surge's. 

gprro

« Reply #71 on: 9 Jul 2010, 01:02 am »
Oh, i know. Was just thinking of an all in one surge protected Buss if possible.
I would end up using only one maybe two of the outlets on a zero surge if I added a Buss.