Cheap Power Supply, great results!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Cheap Power Supply, great results!!
« on: 5 May 2010, 07:57 pm »
Got this power supply today for my squeezebox Duet, amazing how much better music sounds now through my SB. Best bang for my buck yet!!
I was skeptical that anything related to a power supply would make such a dramatic change for the better but it did in spades!!
Thanks Wayne!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68781.0

yukiginger

Re: Cheap Power Supply, great results!!
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2010, 01:00 pm »
eclein, what plug did you use for the squeezebox receiver? I bought the mini-plug kit but the one that appears to have the correct outside diameter seems to have a larger than stock innner diameter. I insert the plug and it is loose on the receiver.

Also, you are using the 9v setting, correct?

Thanks.

MarkG

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2010, 01:11 pm »
Mark- I tried all the mini plugs and the one that fit was loose a bit also, it works fine but can be intermittent if jostled, none of the other plugs would even get close to fitting.
 Yep on the 9V
 Did you see the markings on the tip and its recepticle? I lined up the + marking of the tip with the side of the plug marked "tip" and the wire that connects to power supply itself has one wire with a white stripe that I took as the positive lead/red connection--so far no fires and it doesn't get more than warm to the touch. Hope that helps ya :thumb:

yukiginger

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2010, 07:34 pm »
eclein helped me the other day by making his post and getting me set up. I, too, had taken Wayne's advice from an earlier post a couple months or so ago and purchased this power supply but I broke my ankle and have been so limited in movement for the past 3 months that I hadn't gotten around to unpacking the thing and hooking it into my system (my system is in my basement and I didn't even go down there for about 2 months).

Well, let me just say to anyone who has similar device for which this power supply could replace the stock one - DO IT!  This improved the sound from my source Squeezebox Duet beyond what I would have imagined. I immediately had more bass and had to turn down the level of my subwoofer. How could just altering the power supply do that? Also, more detail in my music, better imaging, more separation! I've made improvements in the past with upgrades but at this price this is BY FAR the best valued upgrade/tweak ever for me.

Thanks again to eclein and Wayne for mentioining this possible upgrade.

MarkG

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2010, 11:47 pm »
Enjoy!!! :thumb: :thumb: