Naim Nait 5i with Tannoy

TenhoFrio

Naim Nait 5i with Tannoy
« on: 27 Apr 2010, 10:16 pm »
I bough and have listened the speakers Tannoy eyris 1 with a Marantz PM-6003 and I liked. It had a smooth sound but with faster rock and metal it needed more juice..Still I don't want it to be to much forward, harsh like grado...

Would the Naim Nait 5i be a good choice ? I will be using with dacmagic.

I only have 470€ to spend and the Naim Nait 5i I can get for 460€ and the Pm 6003 I was thinking its the same price. Prices here in Portugal are over priced for example the CA 740A is 740€ , you can check the amps price http://www.maquimsom.pt/catalog/index.php?cPath=43_112_167&sort=3a&filter_id=142

Bemopti123

Re: Naim Nait 5i with Tannoy
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2010, 10:27 pm »
Post this in a more Naim appropriate forums, they will give you more feedback.

Some forums are:

Pinkfishmedia.net

Naim forums.

TenhoFrio

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2010, 10:59 pm »
I already registered on naim forums but they haven't activate my account and I'mm in a rush with the deal.

decal

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:51 am »
Buy it and try it out.If you don't care for it,Naim Nait5i usually sells pretty well.Just a thought.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2010, 06:56 pm »
You can ask for a trial period instead...if they allow you.
Anyways, the naim is a great buy..it can handle a 90% of speakers on the market perfectly.

Hogg

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2010, 11:13 pm »
I've tried Naim with Tannoy.  I own the Turnberry HE's and Glenair's.  Naim delivers a very punchy sound with great bass and drive.  However, the treble is noticeably rolled-off to my ears.  The Naim products I've used are Naim 200/202 with Hicap, Naim XS with Teddy cap and CD5X with Hicap.  A better British integrated is the Linn Majik-I with Dynamik power supply. The Linn-Tannoy sound is very natural with great tone.

Jim