Beware of fraudulent ebay listings

ichillpill

Re: Beware of fraudulent ebay listings
« Reply #20 on: 28 Apr 2010, 08:26 pm »
We can each create new ebay accounts and let us all bid and bring the bidding to a really high amount and end up not paying. It's a new account so nothing a negative comment won't hurt. You could also say that we became suspicious of the listing and potential for fraud.

We could even collude and make sure the listing ends at 10 million dollars and who knows this scam may make the news! Headlines would read "Scammer on Ebay sells 10 million dollar speakers Caught!" It may make Ebay more responsive in the future, it may not. But at least we prevent potential sucker buyers from being reeled in.

Ebay (like with the case of the two people who bought automobiles without reserves) has never wanted to step in and be a mediator. It was only from pressure from the buyer's lawyers that the car dealers sold the cars.

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #21 on: 28 Apr 2010, 08:34 pm »
We can each create new ebay accounts and let us all bid and bring the bidding to a really high amount and end up not paying. It's a new account so nothing a negative comment won't hurt. You could also say that we became suspicious of the listing and potential for fraud.

We could even collude and make sure the listing ends at 10 million dollars and who knows this scam may make the news! Headlines would read "Scammer on Ebay sells 10 million dollar speakers Caught!" It may make Ebay more responsive in the future, it may not. But at least we prevent potential sucker buyers from being reeled in.

Ebay (like with the case of the two people who bought automobiles without reserves) has never wanted to step in and be a mediator. It was only from pressure from the buyer's lawyers that the car dealers sold the cars.

I believe they were all buy it now items only

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #22 on: 28 Apr 2010, 11:49 pm »
Chance of being shot, in or around the face area?

Just ASK.  It's bluffing a con man to expose him. Might be fun to see what his response is.  Then keep breaking the appointment.
Or bring six large friends to load the speakers that are "on hand".     :icon_twisted:

Christof

« Reply #23 on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:20 am »
I like this part of his ad... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Normally, speakers of this quality retail from $7500.00 to $10,000.00 or more per pair. But because these are custom-crafted,not hand crafted, you can expect to pay considerably less."

What the hell does "custom-crafted" mean :scratch:

intamin22

« Reply #24 on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:46 am »
I like this part of his ad... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Normally, speakers of this quality retail from $7500.00 to $10,000.00 or more per pair. But because these are custom-crafted,not hand crafted, you can expect to pay considerably less."

What the hell does "custom-crafted" mean :scratch:

I saw that too and was wondering the same. Also, how are they not hand crafted?

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:17 am »
I saw that too and was wondering the same. Also, how are they not hand crafted?

It's magic!

Update:  eBay finally emailed an answer to the initial complaint I filed online yesterday.  The jist of their response: Thanks for getting in touch with us.  Now you can download and fill out the "official" complaint form and FAX it back to us.  We'll read it...really!

So we did.  To be continued...

- Jim

gkinberg

« Reply #26 on: 29 Apr 2010, 04:02 am »
Unfortunately, these types of headaches might be what come with success and recognition. While unfortunate, in a perverse sort of way it could be considered a compliment; of course one that Jim doesn’t want I’m sure.

Garth

Gaara

« Reply #27 on: 29 Apr 2010, 11:44 am »
The listing is now down, along with some other speakers he was selling.  None sold.

Of course now he has a VLD Sub for sale which looks oddly familiar...only a $500 premium this time.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #28 on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:12 pm »
I filed a complaint as well, after all they were showing the speakers Jim made for me and are now in Louisiana!!

divisionbell77

« Reply #29 on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:23 pm »
It's magic!

Update:  eBay finally emailed an answer to the initial complaint I filed online yesterday.  The jist of their response: Thanks for getting in touch with us.  Now you can download and fill out the "official" complaint form and FAX it back to us.  We'll read it...really!

So we did.  To be continued...

- Jim

It will take a while.  eBay is BS now-a-days.  They are now set up just to have as many accounts open and active and not being closed.

They removed the ability for sellers to leave buyers negative or neutral feedback.  Their reasoning is that this prevents unfair 'retaliation' in feeedback.  In reality, people would open a new account, buy something and never pay for it.  When they got negative feedback they would just close their account and open a new one.  eBay sees a new influx of accounts being closed, which doesn't sit will with the higher ups as that means lost revenue.  Their solution?  Make it so the ones screwing around, ordering things and never paying for them, can't be punished.