"Garage Sale" anyone?

DeadFish

"Garage Sale" anyone?
« on: 23 Apr 2010, 09:35 pm »
Hey Now, Folks!

I'm a little slow, but faster than some.  I've sold a few things here in the forum because it takes a lot of hassle out of moving stuff when someone lives close by. Likewise, 'test drives' become possible as well, if someone wants to play that way.
Well, anyway, the fine  folks at the NY Audio Rave  have a 'sticky' "Garage Sale" and was wondering if anyone else would like to see for sale or trade ! (or want to buy) ads funneled through as 'Garage Sale' items.
Maybe this is too much hassle, but I thought to throw it out there at everyone's opinions before I tossed a few amps and such out there that I would prefer to hand deliver than trust to the Universal Package Smashers.  Likewise,if I am amenable to trades, it makes it even more easy.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I had a day off to think of cleaning up my gear collection as the Mrs. sez "NO MO'" unless I sell something.  :wink: And I want some mo'.

Thoughts anyone? 

If we talked about this before and I missed the boat, forgive me.  Too much '60's maybe...

DeadFish

dcfour

• Everyone must walk before they run.....
Re: "Garage Sale" anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2010, 12:33 am »
Hi Deadfish.  New to the "circle", but think it's a great idea.  Not that I have accumulated enough stuff to be on the sell side, but indeed, would love "I want to buy" portal and member inventory to peruse.  I'll help if I can.  Thanks, David
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2010, 08:42 pm by dcfour »

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2010, 12:49 am »
Hiya Bill,

I've been thinking about a post like that for a while. Actually Blackmore and I have both bought stuff from the NYAR garage sale post.....oh wait a minute, we're supposed to be selling stuff, right  :duh:

:lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2010, 06:51 pm »
If you guys would like a sticky thread that's dedicated to "audio things we'd like to see stay under the shadow of the Arch" I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Bob

DeadFish

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2010, 09:04 pm »
That's what I'm looking for, Bob.  Thanks!
That ought to cover the bases unless it gets complicated.

Bill

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2010, 09:49 pm »
Ok, cool. If you wanna get fancy Bill, you can start another "pretty" thread that I'll make the sticky one (since this one is kinda trashed up).

-or-

I can make the first thread (this one might not appear for a few days until I find time to make a pretty one).

-or-

I can just make this one sticky. (down and dirty, quick and simple.)

Either way is cool with me.
Bob

DeadFish

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2010, 03:58 am »
You go right ahead and make something that gets you happy for the thing, Bob.  I trust you.
 :wink:  Do it at your leisure.  Anything worth doing is not to be rushed.

Thanks for the effort and the responses!  I bet it gets used.

Bill