foo_upnp DLNA Client / Server

mhconley

foo_upnp DLNA Client / Server
« on: 15 Apr 2010, 04:14 pm »
I use EAC to rip my CDs into FLAC files to listen to on my PC and Squeezebox.  I purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-25 receiver last December to use in our family room “home theater.”  The SC-25 has the ability to play various audio/video formats across the network utilizing what Pioneer calls the Home Media Gallery.  For the last several months I have been trying to play the FLAC files on the SC-25 but could not get them to work.  I tried everything I could think of without luck.  I was so frustrated that I was about to purchase a second Squeezebox to use in the family room.

I posted my problem on another Home Theater centric site forum and was told to try different DLNA servers.  Up until then I was using Windows 7 and Microsoft’s Windows Media Center / Player.  I use foobar2000 to play music on my PC so I downloaded foo_upnp DLNA client/server.  I can now access all the music stored on my PC via the SC-25 and could not be happier. 

To anyone having issues accessing music across their network I highly recommend dumping Microsoft and using any other DLNA server.

Martin