The iPad Thread

Crimson

Re: The iPad Thread
« Reply #120 on: 14 May 2010, 12:30 am »
Just an update: I'm eagerly anticipating the delivery of the cam-con kit to play with its USB port.

Some time in June. Backordered with a 3-4 week delivery time. :roll:

Eric

« Reply #121 on: 14 May 2010, 03:00 pm »
Just took delivery of my 64 3G iPad

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #122 on: 14 May 2010, 03:20 pm »
When will the next gen ipad be out?  Any ideas? 

rahimlee54

« Reply #123 on: 14 May 2010, 04:37 pm »
Got ipad for my wife last night, the screen was messed up out of the box.  Had LCD lines dead in banding patterns  :(  Hope they have a replacement.

Update:  Got replacement with no hassle  :thumb:.  I am controlling squeezecenter via the web here and it is pretty good I just cant scroll down to music on the left pane oh well hopefully IPeng will come out with an IPAD sized controller.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2010, 03:32 pm by rahimlee54 »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #124 on: 26 May 2010, 05:26 am »
If your going to see the Yankees....better leave your iPad home.... :o

http://gothamist.com/2010/05/25/no_ipads_for_yankee_stadium.php

lonewolfny42

« Reply #125 on: 2 Jun 2010, 05:34 am »

ooheadsoo

« Reply #126 on: 2 Jun 2010, 06:15 am »
Got ipad for my wife last night, the screen was messed up out of the box.  Had LCD lines dead in banding patterns  :(  Hope they have a replacement.

Update:  Got replacement with no hassle  :thumb:.  I am controlling squeezecenter via the web here and it is pretty good I just cant scroll down to music on the left pane oh well hopefully IPeng will come out with an IPAD sized controller.

I don't really have a clue how the interface works, but have you tried two finger scrolling the left pane?

rahimlee54

« Reply #127 on: 9 Jun 2010, 09:24 pm »
I ended up decreasing the number of artists per page on the left.  It is really buggy and pretty bad though, I cant wait til something better comes out at full res.

DigitalKnight

« Reply #128 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm »
I'm using the standard web based interface via the safari app. 

I am also evaluating VNC apps Mocha Lite and iTeleporter.  So far, the VNC apps are not as much fun...  The screen resolution I need for my plasma display attached to the Mac Mini is too wide to fit the iPad screen.  This makes using a VNC kind of clunky.

I may also try out one of the other apps like iPeng. 

If I could only find a wifi to infrared converter, I could replace my Pronto with a truly programmable remote!

Could you provide a link to said Safari app as I would like to try it out on my iPad.

Thanks,

-DK

jonwb

« Reply #129 on: 16 Jun 2010, 05:28 am »
Quote from: DigitalKnight link=topic=79807.msg794021#msg794021 date=
Could you provide a link to said Safari app as I would like to try it out on my iPad.

Thanks,

-DK

Safari is the native browser that comes on the iPad.

So, as on a PC on your network, u can pull up the squeezebox web interface by typing in the address. Mine is this:

192.168.0.12:9000

Where the '192.168.0.12' is the ip address for the computer running the squeezebox server software on your network.

DigitalKnight

« Reply #130 on: 18 Jun 2010, 01:51 am »
Thanks! It works pretty good and it's free!

Is there away to get the cover art to update when the track changes without having to press the "now playing" button?

DigitalKnight

« Reply #131 on: 19 Jun 2010, 03:00 am »
iRule is one of them (wifi to IR, with great templates, etc).  It uses off the shelf web/IR gateways.  Another is Newkinetix, which uses an IR transmitter connected to the 30 pin.  Both have iPad development going on.  I'm looking at iRule very closely (they have 58+ page AVS thread for more info).

Were did you get that screen shot from? Looks cool!

For VNC have you tried LogMeIn.  great app (not technically VNC but who cares).

lonewolfny42

TONEPUB

« Reply #133 on: 20 Aug 2010, 06:46 am »
When will the next gen ipad be out?  Any ideas?

I'm guessing either right before Christmas, or more likely right after CES.  They used to do new product announcements at Macworld, but now that Apple no longer participates in this show, it's been right at CES, with product available a day or two later.

Again, having gone around and around with Apple for over 25 years, I'll wager that the new one will have an SD card slot, perhaps a USB slot and maybe if we are lucky, the new models will be about $100 less expensive than their predecessors, pretty much like the iPhone was.   Maybe the top model will get a camera too, because that seems to be on the top of everyone's list.  (not mine)

But I'd say if some of those features are really important, I'd hold off till the new year if you can, otherwise you might be grumpy!

Either way, have had my pad since day 1 and enjoy it more all the time.  Hardly ever use my laptop anymore.