My Salk's came in!

Nuance

Re: My Salk's came in!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Apr 2010, 04:31 pm »
Those look great, polarbare - nice choice!  You might be single, but you now have some new "babies" to play with.  I look forward to your impressions.  Enjoy!

polarbare

« Reply #21 on: 7 Apr 2010, 05:37 pm »
Thanks for the compliments guys - I've only gotten to a do a little bit of listening, but so far, I like what I'm hearing. Unfortunately, have to go to work to pay for the toys  :wink:

Great speakers .. but pardon me for asking (maybe i'm just jealous) - songtowers for surround is a bit of an overkill, no?

Maybe, but the marginal cost of going from a pair of song surround II's to song towers isn't that much. It also helps with the "tump" factor  :wink:

polarbare
polarbare, just curious as to what type of music is recommended? Is there a particular CD they recommend?

Mainly I hear about using Jennifer Warnes (or other selections with a repetive tight bass line), but I suspect my real problem is not knowing what to listen for (e.g. what it's supposed to sound like). So I'm kinda just winging it. I would love to hear someone's system that was set up correctly so I know what to listen for when tuning my own.

Congratulations on your small forest. 

When you have time read this: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78833.0 it's a speaker placement thread.

I was following that thread in the beginning, but then ran into the same problem - not sure exactly how they are supposed to sound (expectation vs. reality).

HAITIMAN

« Reply #22 on: 7 Apr 2010, 05:58 pm »
Spectacular!

Let us know how they sound.

PMAT

« Reply #23 on: 7 Apr 2010, 07:01 pm »
Is that Stonehenge or Easter Island decor? Gotta love bachelorhood. 

funkmonkey

« Reply #24 on: 8 Apr 2010, 01:17 am »
Wow!  nice set  :thumb:  Enjoy.  When you find the time I think that a comparison between the HT2s and the Songs would make for interesting reading...

Congrats

taoggniklat

« Reply #25 on: 8 Apr 2010, 09:55 pm »
+jealous

cdorval1

« Reply #26 on: 9 Apr 2010, 02:25 am »
Hi Polarbare,

Good for you.  Great Choices!  You're going to be having a lot of fun.

You might try setting up the HT2s in 2-channel first.  Get 'em really sounding great--they should really rock by themselves.  Then use a good 5.1 movie to add and adjust the center, and then add the backs and adjust them.

Enjoy.

Craig

polarbare

« Reply #27 on: 9 Apr 2010, 06:35 pm »
Hi Polarbare,

Good for you.  Great Choices!  You're going to be having a lot of fun.

You might try setting up the HT2s in 2-channel first.  Get 'em really sounding great--they should really rock by themselves.  Then use a good 5.1 movie to add and adjust the center, and then add the backs and adjust them.

Enjoy.

Craig

That's the plan - Got the mains and the center in place and just trying to dial them in. Also trying clean up the mess the living room has become with all the projects I've got going on.